Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The Hindus are not cowards but are pragmatic. They take liberty with the avtaras of the gods which are in human form. Thus in effect they are dealing with fellow humans. How does it matter to Hindus if other religions do not grant such freedom to its followers. Christ  is taken liberty by many in Christian coutries and so much bitterness is not there. As sociities mature tolerance also develops. We have gods for every aspect of human activity and thus their depiction will take place. Self appointed inspectors art generally not knowledgeable about the beauty of Hindu religion discourse which has evolved thry dialog and debate.

vijay wrote:

The Hindus are not cowards but are pragmatic. They take liberty with the avtaras of the gods which are in human form. Thus in effect they are dealing with fellow humans. How does it matter to Hindus if other religions do not grant such freedom to its followers. Christ  is taken liberty by many in Christian coutries and so much bitterness is not there. As sociities mature tolerance also develops. We have gods for every aspect of human activity and thus their depiction will take place. Self appointed inspectors art generally not knowledgeable about the beauty of Hindu religion discourse which has evolved thry dialog and debate.

I agree with you. It is the maturity of Hindus that paved way to tolerance.

suni51 wrote:

Show Durga or any other goddess scantily dressed and we shall overlook it. We shall try to see artistic angles if shown entirely naked, but just try it with any other religion and see what happens. Any one and everyone is free to criticize Ram, and/or any Hindu god, goddess in the name of freedom of expression. My question is - Does it apply to only one community or others too are open to such criticism or artistic views expressed by others? Not a single religion in the world will accept such freedom of expression but Hindus being weak or may I say cowards, so every thing is fine.  

There are many atheist groups in West, who openly criticize Church, Bible and Christian beliefs. Hindus are main or majority community in India. Hence others are no considered signficicant for comment.  for Muslims, it can be definitely said that they have least tolerance. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Show Durga or any other goddess scantily dressed and we shall overlook it. We shall try to see artistic angles if shown entirely naked, but just try it with any other religion and see what happens. Any one and everyone is free to criticize Ram, and/or any Hindu god, goddess in the name of freedom of expression. My question is - Does it apply to only one community or others too are open to such criticism or artistic views expressed by others? Not a single religion in the world will accept such freedom of expression but Hindus being weak or may I say cowards, so every thing is fine.  

There are many atheist groups in West, who openly criticize Church, Bible and Christian beliefs. Hindus are main or majority community in India. Hence others are no considered signficicant for comment.  for Muslims, it can be definitely said that they have least tolerance. 

In India too there are several atheist organizations which openly criticize the Hindu beliefs and customs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation_of_Indian_Rationalist_Associations

Gods are created by humans so why can't they  criticise them. Sure they can. 

Those who have tolerance, accept criticism. These Gods, who are being criticized, are characters created by human imaginations and hence they have all human traits. Real God is beyond imaginations and beyond criticism. 

Very true. It is the trait of tolerance in Hinduism that made it Great. But there are people who mistake tolerance as cowardice.

rambabu wrote:

Very true. It is the trait of tolerance in Hinduism that made it Great. But there are people who mistake tolerance as cowardice.

You totally misunderstood my point. Heck those falls godmen but what I said about cowardice was about the people who abuse Hindus but we have no courage to answer them. They openly critisize Hindus and we feel its our tolerance. Do we have a choice but to tolerate them?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

You totally misunderstood my point. Heck those falls godmen but what I said about cowardice was about the people who abuse Hindus but we have no courage to answer them. They openly critisize Hindus and we feel its our tolerance. Do we have a choice but to tolerate them?

OK.  I misunderstood and accept as my fault.

Now what you said is about the cowardice of Hindus who cannot answer those who abuse Hindus.

Here is my point of contention. Why on earth we should answer any Tom, Dick an harry who criticize Hindus and drag ourselves in to controversies? It is our greatness to allow the Dogs bark.

If a Person barks at a barking dog, what's the difference between an animal and a man ?

Animal barks on four legs and man barks on two legs. Who is superior?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.