Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Counseling by parents and teachers on the ill effects of junk food would be more effective. The children should be given such a food in the home, the child will never turn his face towards Junk food, even if there is a junk food outlet  before the school. Another good thing would be children should not be given pocket money. Even if pocket money is given, the child should account his expenses. Children if they save the money, parents should open an account in the children savings account in a Bank.

Government plans to ban junk food near schools.

Last week Maneka Gandhi and her panel of health advisors have recommended foods that needs to be banned and included around schools..She has also urged Smriti Irani to look into the matter and do the needful.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Maneka-Gandhi-seeks-ban-on-junk-food-for-students/articleshow/48689615.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I welcome Maneka Gandhi's suggestion which makes sense. Smiriti Irani also should implement effectively.

Its been 6 to 7 years when i left the school. The Principal of our college used to remove all the lorry and thelawalas near the school. This was done so that we don't eat unhygienic and unhealthy food.

Want to make each day Accountable

Junk food is the root cause for many life threatening ailments. They affect the health of both children and adults. I'm of the opinion Junk food should be banned all over the Country on the lines of Maggie Ban.  It's the duty of the Government to see that the Ban is implemented strictly.

Maggi has been found to be quite ok and may be back in the market by the end of the year...What people refer to as Junk food is also convenience food and it has its uses .As long as you don't overdo it there is no harm in eating a burger or pizza once in a while.In fact Pizza and Pasta are national food of Italy where people eat it everyday and they are not unhealthy ! It is the packaged food that is harmful because of the preservatives added...Hot freshly prepared food is not harmful! In fact Indian take ways that sell food doused in oil is far more harmful..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are varying conflicting reports Maggies safety

noodles contain high amount of monosodium glutamate (MSG) and lead.

http://www.businesstoday.in/current/corporate/maggi-noodles-safe-fssai-approved-lab-says/story/222411.html

Maggi will return. Junk food outlets will multiply. Voices will keep being raised about its harmful effects. More and more people will eat and enjoy. Any food, even beneficial taken in excess causes harm. Banning is not the answer but right awareness from home and school will go a long way to inculcate healthy habits in children the future adults. @Rambabu pl eat a burger, pizza and sandwich once a while. You may revise your needlessly firmly held opinions.

It's a firm NO as far as Junks like PIZZA and sandwich. First reason is I never eat things made outside. Second thing is I know the ill effects of junk food. Is it wise to invite health problems knowingly ??

It is surprising that by eating only once your well cared for health will face severe problems. And on what basis are you passing the judgement that Pizza and sandwiches are junks. Sometimes our opinions (incl. mine) may be junk without actual experience. We have no right to insult the choice of millions who enjoy your so called junk food.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.