Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Somewhere I read It was  mentioned that sensationalism Is like junk food. People enjoy It Inspite of the  fact that It is not  beneficial In any way .....and media Is happily cashing In on what sells. Having said that, I feel that the media has come a long way  from the time when news readers just used to read out the happenings around the world with small clips every now and then. Now every news including the sensational stuff stuff Is detailed and elaborate. Barkha Dutt covering Kargil war unimaginable. In fact I think even little things like covering the auto show with interaction with common people are great to watch. The nirbhaya case as mentioned earlier by Usha would really not have got its due without the media...so, one has to accept sensationalism since It has been there since a long time..even newspaper headlines have always tried to attract readers.

Very true. Sensationalism is the staple food on which media thrives, flourishes and lives. In this process Media goes to any extent and stoops and kicks off its moral standards.

I think the media is what it is made to be and broadly it reflects the mirror image of a society. How can we shirk our responsibility as a vital stakeholder. We can not be criticizing and watching a particularly lousy program.

Personally I feel that the news presented by BBC is the best and can be taken as a bench mark ! American news channels on the other hand are showy and thrive on sensational reporting which is what our news channels try to emulate. BBC on the other hand makes it extremely professional and at the same time packs in subtle humor  when it is required but the news of the day is given due importance .

Coming to our media, they are trying to do a circus balancing professionalism which they are not able to achieve and make it sensational like the American media. With all that I still feel that news reporting has come a long way and we get everything and more than what we want  through the various news channels.In their enthusiasm , sometimes they may seem heartless and unnecessarily probing into personal issues but that is their job, to bring out all that there is ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As a regular news watcher I can tell you their modus operandi-  The private channels record a news and keep playing the same CD after every 30 minutes on weekdays with loud and harsh music in background and the funniest part is they keep flashing Breaking News even if the event took place day before or two days before.

Every channel has a group of 2-3 anchors those who can talk on almost every topic in the world and can interpret/interfere the more knowledgeable panelists depending on their personal choice.  

Every channel has Noon slot fixed for TV shows that keep repeating TV serials broadcast in the past with interesting names like Saas Bahu or sazish etc.

In my views the Doordarshan news by far is the best news channel with lowest advertising for obvious reasons (they do not have to depend on revenue earned by commercials). However with every passing day the media is losing its credibility due to their political affiliation.  In most cases they sound as if they are reading paid adverts and the repetition is simply horrible.   

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I'm in total agreement with you. I too view Doordarshan channels for an uninterrupted flow of news with almost Nil Ads. But some commercial news channels I view for the Debates sake which mostly end with personal attacks and fist blows. They provide me entertainment.

There are plenty of channels and it is for the viewers to choose what they like. News in the form of discussion and debate is entertaining for some and exhausting for some.. Arnab Goswami is a household name although some like him ,others are tired of him ! But the point is we have a choice .We can shift to whichever channel suits us..why totally blame the media?!

After reading the thread, I have been enlightened by active writers like Mr Suny Agra, Mr Rambabu & Usha Madam that Doordarshan & BBC are the news to watch to get the right news though Doordarshan, of late is into political affiliation. I would like to know whether even after this affiliation whether Doordarshan is better than other channels or not.

Also it is very true that negativity is being spread by this kind of propaganda. There are 2 ways of subsiding it

1. Use our discretion & Ignore it. (Or atleast let the Indian Boddunan Community go with it.)

2. Stick to those channels like BBC & Doordarshan which do not go with such kind of activity of going by TRP.

Thank you Boddunan Community for starting, conversing & expressing this topic. It has benefitted me a lot. I would watch BBC from now & watch Doordarshan as well if it is better than other channels.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

After reading the thread, I have been enlightened by active writers like Mr Suny Agra, Mr Rambabu & Usha Madam that Doordarshan & BBC are the news to watch to get the right news though Doordarshan, of late is into political affiliation. I would like to know whether even after this affiliation whether Doordarshan is better than other channels or not.

Also it is very true that negativity is being spread by this kind of propaganda. There are 2 ways of subsiding it

1. Use our discretion & Ignore it. (Or atleast let the Indian Boddunan Community go with it.)

2. Stick to those channels like BBC & Doordarshan which do not go with such kind of activity of going by TRP.

Thank you Boddunan Community for starting, conversing & expressing this topic. It has benefitted me a lot. I would watch BBC from now & watch Doordarshan as well if it is better than other channels.

I would say, be open minded and watch all there is before drawing any conclusions...I try and watch all channels including the local ones which I find give me more local news which is useful for me. They also give some world news focusing on different places and cultures of the world which is very informative...So all news channels have something or the other that is useful..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Different people have different priorities. I for one  open the News channels to have a quick scan to view news for using them as content for my Private jobs where I'm employed. Keeping this in view I scan only channels on which i have faith. My time is too precious to waste it on channels where less news and more Ads  are there.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.