Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

I think the media is what it is made to be and broadly it reflects the mirror image of a society. How can we shirk our responsibility as a vital stakeholder. We can not be criticizing and watching a particularly lousy program.

I agree with that, afterall the channels cater to popular choice...We can see how film magazines and gossip columns have the maximum number of takers !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree Catering to the popular choice is the hall mark of today's Press.Today's press sells Sensationalism.In this process people like me who have "Selective Choice " will have to take a blow. Still i will not settle with Popular choice. Then it's my opinion.

News channel works only for getting huge amount of audience involved to it. The news channels wants a good TRP for his channel so to make the channel popular all over country it will show the happening in which more audience are interested

bhuyali saroj

True. As I said earlier Media thrives on Sensationalism. It's only interest is to boost sales or TRP as the case may be.

The electronic media- TV channels are no more worth reliance or even casual watcg. I confime myself to newspaper and the internet. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

On the whole Media is catering to the interests of vested interests who wants to twist the facts to defame their adversaries.

Those who want sanitised news can watch Doordarshan. Those who want masala news can watch a basket of news channels. even BBC repeats its news every hour like our channels do. After all news cannot be manufactured every minute. One can watch whichever channel or read whichever  paper one believes to be reliable. One should appreciate the choice we have. Being critical has no meaning ehen one has a choice.

That's what I'm doing. I watch mostly Indian editions of Foreign news channels like BBC and Huffing ton post.

Change is something that we have to accept and a smart person accepts change and uses it to his/ her advantage ...There was an old song Are bhai nikhal ke aa ghar se ...sung by Kishore Kumar where he says you get left alone when the world moves on, which is true !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

That's what I'm doing. I watch mostly Indian editions of Foreign news channels like BBC and Huffing ton post.

Choice is yours, but am surprised that you trust foreign channels more to give you unbiased news than Indian channels. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.