Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

why a rationalist should endeavor to judge the believers  or to that matter anybody? There is no necessity. A rationalist  who has such thoughts is not a Rationalist. A Rationalist simply expresses his beliefs. He neither try to convince or force others.

So in effect there is no difference between the two since  both are believers who are rigid regarding their belief as to what is right and what is wrong !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is obvious. It's wise to not cross the paths of each other.

The tolerant is highly intolerant of the intolerant. The intolerant in turn is intolerant of the tolerant. So both are driving the same boat but from different ends. 

Please express in a clear and lucid way. expressing in riddles will confuse.

Basically people cannot be totally rational because of many other  factors and to call oneself perfect and blame another for his or her belief seems immature and not at all rational for someone who call themselves rational. They become far too judgmental forgetting that they are treading the same path as the believers . If you are firm about your belief practice it instead of shouting from the rooftop and advertising it,,

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Rationalists have their own beliefs like the believers. I'm a rationalist but I never indulge in mudslinging  or derogatory views. I'm not speaking for others . I'm speaking for me and I'm proud of calling myself as a Rationalist. Additionally my close relatives and friends respect me even though I'm a Rationalist because my rationalistic views are never discussed with them

Rationalists and Believers are just two ‘titles’, where people follow two different beliefs as per their conscience. Both of them have freedom for expressing their own views, without hurting the sentiments of others. Only the titles and ideologies differ; the ‘man’ within them is the same.

True. Go on with your respective beliefs without encroaching others peripheries.

rambabu wrote:

Rationalists have their own beliefs like the believers. I'm a rationalist but I never indulge in mudslinging  or derogatory views. I'm not speaking for others . I'm speaking for me and I'm proud of calling myself as a Rationalist. Additionally my close relatives and friends respect me even though I'm a Rationalist because my rationalistic views are never discussed with them

I am sure there are many like you who feel they are committed ..and at the same time the top leaders tend to become arrogant and start hitting out at all just because they think they know all ! One need not have to put a board and say one is a rationalist but actions are enough to show whether they really are rationalists or just trying hard to be one ... Prof H Narasimhaiya was my principal at National College in Bangalore and was loved by all because of his forthright views and he was extremely fair without any religious bias ! I feel the present day lot  of rationalists cannot be compared to him in any way ..He was instrumental in targetting Satya Sai Baba of Puttaparthi !

http://www.frontline.in/static/html/fl2204/stories/20050225001709600.htm

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.