The topic is locked.

Visiting India Pakistan border is a unique experience. Both Indian and Pakistan border forces daily bring flags down. There are some other features given below: 

https://in.news.yahoo.com/6-reasons-why-every-indian-070551180.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

True. A Wagah Border visitor can have rare views like lowering of flags of both the countries, instills patriotic fervour.

Visiting India Pakistan border is a unique experience. Both Indian and Pakistan border forces daily bring flags down. There are some other features given below: 

I have seen it on the TV but someday I hope to visit and see it for myself because t is so unique...The article is very comprehensive , even giving links on how to get there and where to stay !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Wagah Border experience is unique in one way. That is the only time both India and Pakistan look and behave as friends not Foes.

usha manohar wrote:

I have seen it on the TV but someday I hope to visit and see it for myself because t is so unique...The article is very comprehensive , even giving links on how to get there and where to stay !

I too wish to see the ceremony one day, my brother saw it last month when he was visiting Chandigarh and Amritsar on some work. He tells me the actual ceremony is quite dignified and lovely to watch but what spoils the atmosphere before that is that loud Bollywood music is played on both sides and there is a silly competition of one upmanship between tourists of both sides dancing vigorously to the songs each side trying to make them appear better than the other. This takes away the gravity and dignity of the place.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is an experience of a life time. Having stayed in Ferozepur(Punjab)for almost 3 years, have had the opportunity to visit both Wagah as well as Hussainiwala Border and witnessing the Flag Retreat cermony. It does give goosebumps and a feeling that can not be expressed in words..The soldiers of the two countries do shake hands but the fierceness in their looks and the charged actions ,almost challenging the other country kind of body language gets you engulfed in a patriotic spirit..the 'josh' is matchless  . One must visit at least once. The Wagah Border is near Amritsar and Hussainiwala border is close to Ferozepur. The National Martyrs memorial is also located at Hussainiwala where Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev were cremated. Thanks for sharing the link..it is "memories Revived'for me!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The sight presents some unique visuals like marching of the Guards, sounds of bugles, People from the Indian side singing "Vande Mataram." Every Indian will be thrilled.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I too wish to see the ceremony one day, my brother saw it last month when he was visiting Chandigarh and Amritsar on some work. He tells me the actual ceremony is quite dignified and lovely to watch but what spoils the atmosphere before that is that loud Bollywood music is played on both sides and there is a silly competition of one upmanship between tourists of both sides dancing vigorously to the songs each side trying to make them appear better than the other. This takes away the gravity and dignity of the place.

True about the Bollywood spoiler but these things have aggravated over the past few years. It was not so earlier. But still, once the ceremony begins, these seem trivial since the show by itself overshadows everything else..the fierceness shown by the soldiers , symbolizes the patriotism for their respective countries more than competitiveness.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Whatever scenes are seen at the border are expressions of Joie de Vivre, of exuberance of enjoyment. They should be taken lightly.

It is not a unique ceremony as similar one happens on the Indo Bangladesh border also. however because of animosity with Pakistan the Wagah ceremony has passion, patriotism and vigour in it. Bollywood is loved on both sides and gives opportunity to public also to participate and vent our anger.

I was referring Wagah Border. Because the thread is about Wagah Border . I mentioned about the unique feature of Wagah Border. It has got nothing to do with Indo - Bangladesh Border.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.