Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Exactly. These debates remind of fish markets where only Din is heard. Each one tries to show their superiority over the other. And all of them talk at a time.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Basically, they shout for no reason. The worst part is nobody is ready to listen to another person's point of view, as if they are the ultimate one. Sometimes subjects of the debate are good but the discussion remains inconclusive because the spokespersons are not ready to leave one inch of their ground and accept the reality. No one is interested in introspection about what went wrong but believes in passing the buck on others.  

The media cannot come up with solutions, just sensationalism. The shout and rant hoping to get rake up the passions of others. Its just playing around with people's emotions. 

Media always lives on sensationalism. It's their staple food. That's why I shy away from such shows.

Seriously, I hate such heated debates on all kinds of issues on the news channels, they cover a wide range of topics from meat ban to women's dress codes and what not including how the girl was at fault in violent sex crimes. So I have now stopped watching such channels, how ever I must say, that the specific mudda in debate here was quite entertaining. But it is also quite sad to know that such incidents present our country in such a poor light.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

When one has to shout, he/she has nothing important to say. He/she has to depend on their lung power more than brain power. We can have peaceful debates, meaningful ones and which will teach the younger generations some lessons from what is happening around them. Our approach seems to be flawed. 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Seriously, I hate such heated debates on all kinds of issues on the news channels, they cover a wide range of topics from meat ban to women's dress codes and what not including how the girl was at fault in violent sex crimes. So I have now stopped watching such channels, how ever I must say, that the specific mudda in debate here was quite entertaining. But it is also quite sad to know that such incidents present our country in such a poor light.

Exactly, I keep myself away from such TV shows. We know the TV channels  live on sensationalism. Knowing this fact why one should buy headache ?

Sofs wrote:

When one has to shout, he/she has nothing important to say. He/she has to depend on their lung power more than brain power. We can have peaceful debates, meaningful ones and which will teach the younger generations some lessons from what is happening around them. Our approach seems to be flawed. 

The only reason I can think for it, is possibly there is simply no fun if such debates indeed were serious and could teach the younger generation something, meaningful things are supposed to be stupid now. The only thing that works is lots of dramebaazi, the louder the better!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If we think such debates filled with shouting and Din can teach the younger generation something  good is greediness on our part. At the most they serve as an entertainment that leaves a bad taste in our mouth.

With so many channels, why members are critical of debates on some channels is not clear. Those who do not like shouting, want peaceful discussions which will teach our younger generations God knows what can always watch Rajya Sabha TV, Lok Sabha TV or the Astha Channel or GOD channel and other religious channels. For peaceful news they can watch Doordarshan News. For amusement and entertainment they can watch nirmal baba show or late night astrology programs. Why are they after a few channels showing heated debates I wonder. Ot sounds similar to the veg attacking the non veg., for reasons known and unknown. 

I did not name any channel's name. But I liked tour suggestion for entertainment I watch Nirmal baba show.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.