Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Pl do. I am sure you will like it. No debate, no shouting, wonderful question answer sessions with some followers and you will get pure knowledge. 

And a constant pose of a raised hand as if showering blessings. Worth watching for that knowledge.

Simple questions. Where r u from? When did u eat some delicacy of that region? And then the magic prescription to remove all your troubles - donate a few to the poor and all your troubles will be over. Next pl. With such programs on channels why complain about debating channels.

Alternatively, I may suggest watching other channels such as TLC, FoxLife, Food Food etc. I totally enjoy watching the various food and culture shows on these.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Alternatively, I may suggest watching other channels such as TLC, FoxLife, Food Food etc. I totally enjoy watching the various food and culture shows on these.

I like to add National Geographic channel, which covers every thing from culture to culinary arts of different countries.

Recently in a live debate on private news channel, the participants started fighting with each other. They put allegations on each other and started fighting. Nearly all live T.V. debates go like this and end with no conclusion. During the show all participants looks like barking dogs which are shouting without reason. Will this type of show are beneficial to us in anyway? The only topics in these debates are related either to politics or religion. Are all other issues in India got solved? Why these channels focus on other issues?

If you see the ratings Times Now and Arnab's debate gets the maximum TRPs ,so how can we blame the TV channels ? It takes two hands to clap. Times have changed and everything around us is loud these days, celebrations ate loud, festivities are loud, films are loud , music is loud , so why not TV debates ..it goes with the society's demands. I do watch sometimes but when it gets repetetive and when everyone starts  talking at the same time I change channels...But I do watch !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The silly part is all channels pounce on the same subject and we switch over to CNN or BBC. Arnab  gets on my nerves to say the least with his attitude. 

usha manohar wrote:

Recently in a live debate on private news channel, the participants started fighting with each other. They put allegations on each other and started fighting. Nearly all live T.V. debates go like this and end with no conclusion. During the show all participants looks like barking dogs which are shouting without reason. Will this type of show are beneficial to us in anyway? The only topics in these debates are related either to politics or religion. Are all other issues in India got solved? Why these channels focus on other issues?

If you see the ratings Times Now and Arnab's debate gets the maximum TRPs ,so how can we blame the TV channels ? It takes two hands to clap. Times have changed and everything around us is loud these days, celebrations ate loud, festivities are loud, films are loud , music is loud , so why not TV debates ..it goes with the society's demands. I do watch sometimes but when it gets repetetive and when everyone starts  talking at the same time I change channels...But I do watch !

No need to blame TV channels. They air such monotonous shows because there are takers.

Initially when he started his debates he was a novelty because he used to put all the politicians in their place LOL...it was too funny to watch them being chastised by him ...But his problem is that he never lets anyone speak and express their views right or wrong ! It is very unfair to them because they take the trouble to come and wait endlessly just to get a word in, that is if they are lucky ! Of course a few of the regulars beat him at his own game at times !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Initially when he started his debates he was a novelty because he used to put all the politicians in their place LOL...it was too funny to watch them being chastised by him ...But his problem is that he never lets anyone speak and express their views right or wrong ! It is very unfair to them because they take the trouble to come and wait endlessly just to get a word in, that is if they are lucky ! Of course a few of the regulars beat him at his own game at times !

Well said. He has absolutely no manners.. It seems he never did learn anything from Pranoy Roy and others there. Give them a fair chance to speak if you have called them. Hear them out before you jump at them.. these are basic rules of engagement in a discussion. 

I like it when he gets paid in his own coin.. but I hardly ever watch this circus anymore. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.