Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Beneficial or not, but what it shows clearly how our TV channels are benefited by boosting their viewer ratings. They know what the people want. TV debates are mostly a big farce

Not only debates these channels repeats one news thousand time in a day. Why peoples watched these. I bored with these with in 2 minutes.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Beneficial or not, but what it shows clearly how our TV channels are benefited by boosting their viewer ratings. They know what the people want. TV debates are mostly a big farce

Not only debates these channels repeats one news thousand time in a day. Why peoples watched these. I bored with these with in 2 minutes.

True Anil. Repetition leads to monotony. It bores.. who can bear such boredom ? none.

To sum up the TV channels teach us to be loud, argumentative, disrespectful, impatient, annoying, repetitive, go around in circles etc. That is what the fighting on TV seems to teach us today. Is this the lesson we want our younger generations to learn may be a worth while question to ask. 

There is nothing to learn for youngsters or elders from such TV Shows. If somebody looks for " Learning" towards, such channels, i feel sorry for them.

The discussion  is about what are the lessons the TV channels want to give us. 

I made it clear in the earlier posts TV channels intend to teach us to believe whatever rubbish they present.

I can not fathom why TV channels are supposed to end up being teachers for our younger generation. Does not seem logical. Also if  you watch CNN or BBC continuously they also go on repeating throughput the day. Every one watches Arnab and some do not like him. Fair enough. A lot like him . Fair enough. But why condemn him. If you do not like move on to other channels. 

Whether we like it or not the media has a huge role to play in the psyche of a nation.  Young and impressionable minds do imbibe a lot from what is done in the media.  Which I think was the heart of this discussion.

Correct me if I am wrong. 

That said TV debates today do not teach any lessons worth learning or imbibing, though they supposedly discuss important issues. 

TV debates are not school or college debates and the two can not be compared. Heated arguments are common in free for all debates. When there is a clash of ideologies friction does generate heat. They are trying to influence the viewers. When TV channels were not there then heated debates used to take placein coffee houses and clubs etc. The young also have to grow in the society they live and they are perfectly capable of forming opinion themselves, Elders often forget their growing up days.

I feel in place of trying to influence the viewers, the participants should try to influence the the members who are participating in the Debate. This aspect is completely forgotten. Inability to convince the other participants leads to ugly situations.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.