Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

But it is a billion dollar plus industry. 

Of course. Astrologers leading a wealthy life. People are more curios to know what future has for them.

In our community the kundalis of boy and girl are to be matched, naturally by the Brahmins and only when they match they can go ahead to marry. But the Brahmin pandits are not required to match the kundalis of their children. Can there be a greater farce.

The same custom of matching the Kundalis of the Boy and the girl is in vogue in AP also. Generally they match which is predictable if a good amount of money change hands

During mu Post graduation I had a classmate from AP who was not interested in studying. He shared with me that his father has forced him to do so because he can extract a fat dowry from his bride's family by offering a post graduate rather than a simple graduate. Great.

Yes. Definitely. Many people force their sons for an alliance with a girl who has tons of money, least bothering about the Boy's willingness.

Most eminent people who say that they never believe in Astrology toe the line and get the Kundalis matched when it comes to their own children. I have seen this happening with so many so called rationalists who have done this either due to family pressure or not wanting to take a chance when it is a question of their children's future !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I gave importance only to the compatibility of the boy and the girl taking the views of both the Boy and the Girl.  Mine is a family where  many inter caste marriages took place. Hence no question of matching Kundalis. In my presence i arrange a free talk between the boy and the girl. I encourage even private talks without any elders.

rambabu wrote:

I gave importance only to the compatibility of the boy and the girl taking the views of both the Boy and the Girl.  Mine is a family where  many inter caste marriages took place. Hence no question of matching Kundalis. In my presence i arrange a free talk between the boy and the girl. I encourage even private talks without any elders.

I am making a general comment....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am making a general comment....

I can understand. I quoted my example  to show exceptions. I too met with stiff opposition from my family members in this regard. I simply brushed them aside.

It's Ok if you  make a general comment.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.