Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thank you Rambabu! It is only since last year that we started celebrating Ganeshotsav in my home. Till then it used to be done by my father in law in Nashik, but he is now unable to since his old age so we have now taken up the mantle. Now on friday, I will be having Mahalaxmi also, which is celebrated in most Maharashtrian homes. There are two Mahalaxmis, Jyestha and Kanishtha, supposed to be Ganesh's sisters who come to visit him on third day of Ganesh Chaturthi, I will post pictures of the same.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you Kalyani for informing me the Maharashtrian mode of Ganesh puja.

usha manohar wrote:

Ganesh Chaturthi greetings to you and all the other members here..Ganesha is the cutest God we have in the Hindu mythology and his birthday is celebrated in almost all corners of the country !

Greeting to all boddunan friends on Lord Ganesha birthday. It is custom that on  Ganesh chturthi idol of Ganesha flow in the water. Most of idol made of plaster of paris and synthetic color also used. Plaster of paris take time to disolve in water. Now here peoples are requested to use sand idol of Ganesha for worship of visrjan. It is nice compaign. We all must be follow it.

Thank you said by: rambabu

@ Anil

I wish you a happy and prosperous Ganesh Chaturthi to you and your family members.

Happy ganesh chaturthi to all our members of boddunan.com and also for the people who love and belief in lord GANESH

bhuyali saroj

Same to you. Let Ganesh shower  the best of his blessings on you and your family.

Here is the picture of my Mahalaxmi Pooja from yesterday:

IMG 20150920 202050 Copy

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Here is the picture of my Mahalaxmi Pooja from yesterday:

IMG 20150920 202050 Copy

Quite a beautiful and a clear picture. Yes yesterday you were telling about Mahalakshmi pooja. Though we do not observe this in AP, there are temples known as " Lakshmi Ganapati " temples.

Quite a beautiful and a clear picture. Yes yesterday you were telling about Mahalakshmi pooja. Though we do not observe this in AP, there are temples known as " Lakshmi Ganapati " temples.

" Lakshmi Ganapati " temples are not seen in Maharashtra, we have Laxmi-Narayan temples. The concept of Mahalaxmi Pooja during Ganpati festivals is that, they are the daughters of our home who come to visit their parents for three days. The kind of pooja and rituals may differ slightly from home to home but the basic concept is same.

So divinely beautiful! My only complaint is that I was not invited,eh!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.