It us not easy job to rememberwhat you read. You remember while reading but forget later. Here are some tricks to remember what you read. 

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/8-tricks-remembering-everything-read-195900510.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Excellent tips to boost one's retentivity.

I use them . The moment I learn something new, I use it. Especially on my wife. When she asks the meaning of a new word, I explain it to her. This practice helps a lot in retaining the word or anything in your brain forever.

Good tips ...Use of pencil is something that we do at school to make students with low memory power, understand what they study. But reading our aloud has its limitations since one can do it mechanically after a while thats why it has now been stopped in schools, while it used to be a part of the curriculum earlier for smaller classes ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Reading out can be done in the confines of one's home. Though not loudly, I do it even now.

well i think the best way to remember what we read is by saying or talking to others in that topic which we have read. one of the thing which i do is, i share with friends anything which i have read exciting. Conversion is the best tool for remembering  

bhuyali saroj

That's what is needed. A newly learned thing should not be kept in the Cold storage. I t should be taken out as many times as possible and put it to use.This helps in retaining the things you learned for a long time.

One does not have to remember everything one reads. Apart from the useful tips one can also try to remember by forming an acronym Policy, from the topics one wants to remember. For example early on I developed the word POLICE to remember Policy,Organisation,, Leadership, Initiative,Control, Excellence when required to lecture on organisation and leadership topic.

True, i read acronym way of remembering things. In fact, i follow this. You form acronyms by using each first letter from a group of words to form a new word.

You can remember by association with ideas. U got my adhar number recently. This is 12 digit number. Hard to remember. But now I remember this very easily.  Giw?  First two digits are my brother's year of birth. Next two dgits are my year of graduation. Then there is biggest number '9' . Two digits are first war of independence.  By such association, remembering the adhar numbe became very easy. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

You can remember by association with ideas. U got my adhar number recently. This is 12 digit number. Hard to remember. But now I remember this very easily.  Giw?  First two digits are my brother's year of birth. Next two dgits are my year of graduation. Then there is biggest number '9' . Two digits are first war of independence.  By such association, remembering the adhar numbe became very easy. 

I too use something similar since I have a problem remembering numbers like Bank account no which are 13 digit long...although I am not able to memorise the entire number, I remember the last 6 numbers and that is good enough ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Excellent points! I use many of them till date though the need is less in comparison to my academic days. Now, I ask my son to learn like this especially while reading a pencil /marker is a must.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.