Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

How does that matter and where is the connection being a smart city and availability of tamarind leaves ? Mangalore too is selected to be developed as smart city, not sure what that really means though !!!! It is the interest of the people that matters, if there is demand there is supply !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It's obvious. Developing a smart city involves deforestation for constructing activities. But it's only after a certain period the Afforestation starts in certain pockets of the city. It's very much connected.

Increasingly, food in India will be supplied by outside caterers as self cooking will reduce and purchasing  power will go up. Then there will bea limited range of dishes available and lot many today's dishes will have vanished. No need to worry for future generations will not know what they have missed because they in the first place did not get to taste them.

True. one need not worry about future generation, because they do not know what we ate.

usha manohar wrote:

They all seem very exotic and delicious...I have seen Zameen dos being prepared by some cooks in Rajasthan recently on a cookery show, where they said that it is very much in practice and extensively prepared when the existing royalty and their guests go for desert stays ..

The dishes mention here are non-veg.. Here in Rajasthan one raita was prepared with a seed of shurb, called fogla. It is now not available.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

They all seem very exotic and delicious...I have seen Zameen dos being prepared by some cooks in Rajasthan recently on a cookery show, where they said that it is very much in practice and extensively prepared when the existing royalty and their guests go for desert stays ..

The dishes mention here are non-veg.. Here in Rajasthan one raita was prepared with a seed of shurb, called fogla. It is now not available.

Yes. There are many such dishes which disappeared now.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Is it dried Anil? I have never heard of this so far , but I know that a lot of dried vegetables are used in your cooking..Got this information when I googled, there is a mention of Fogla in it.

http://www.indiamart.com/shree-asthavinayak-industries/rajasthani-dry-vegetables-frozen-dry-vegetables.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

With the disappearance tamarind trees in my place, Vizag, a very delicious preparation called PULIORA or Tamarind rice too has become a thing of the past. Courtesy development of Vizag into a smart city. Now Pulihora is available in  only in the packed form which is loaded with chemicals for increasing shelf life.

I find this strange that there are no tamarind trees and that trees are disappearing just because of an announcement made by the center...Even in a mega city like Bangalore this has not happened because with all the negative aspects the city has, old trees and yielding trees like Tamarind are well looked after and maintained.I feel that the fault lies with your city administration rather than the smart city project..It has not happened in my city either although it is also on the list of smart cities selected !

It's not an announcement. The work for developing Vizag as a smart city is in progress. By the way, the work for Clean and Green Vizag is assured. But takes time.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.