Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Nepal rebuffed India's advice on their Constitution. I am amused by forum members welcoming secular Nepal while they generally condemn secularism in India!!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

But today i read in the news that MEA has cautioned the Nepal government, to stop the violence in a phased manner, in order to implement secularism in the constitution.

A new secular republic is our neighbor....

Secularism comes with a price and Nepal may realise this fact soon enough. When they had a Hindu nation things were clear as far as their agenda and policies were concerned and there would have been little interference since the majority almost 97% of the population was hindus. Secularism being a two edged sword would create its own problems ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Why, India should bother if Nepal adopts secularism or not ? And if India thinks we will not have a peaceful neighbor. Let it be. Are we living peacefully with a hostile country like Pakistan, where there is no secularism ?

suni51 wrote:

Whenever I visited Nepal I found its people very friendly but same was not the case during my visit in 2009. I think the Nepal is more influenced by China and the relations with India will further deteriorate. I am sorry to see the only nation that was associated with Hindus has lost its status. Medheshi Community that worked real hard for uplifting Nepal has been treated too badly in its new constitution.

India government make it clear to Nepal that his new consitituion is not accepted to us.  

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Whenever I visited Nepal I found its people very friendly but same was not the case during my visit in 2009. I think the Nepal is more influenced by China and the relations with India will further deteriorate. I am sorry to see the only nation that was associated with Hindus has lost its status. Medheshi Community that worked real hard for uplifting Nepal has been treated too badly in its new constitution.

India government make it clear to Nepal that his new consitituion is not accepted to us.  

Indian government has cautioned Nepal government because, the violence that eructed may spread to Bihar which has a border line with India. But Bihar did not hear us. India is not cooperating with Nepal in this regard.

Nepal is a new Republic. I hope these are teething problems. The Nepal Government and people will ultimately resolve their problems. Some member has atated that the new constitution is not acceptable. This is a very wrong view. Nepal is a sovereign state and we cannot interfere with their choice.  some would be happy if Nepal remained a Hindu state. Thee are also some who want revival of monarchy. But it is their choice.  we must respect their choice and not interfere with their sovereignty.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Nepal is a new Republic. I hope these are teething problems. The Nepal Government and people will ultimately resolve their problems. Some member has atated that the new constitution is not acceptable. This is a very wrong view. Nepal is a sovereign state and we cannot interfere with their choice.  some would be happy if Nepal remained a Hindu state. Thee are also some who want revival of monarchy. But it is their choice.  we must respect their choice and not interfere with their sovereignty.

Irrespective of others wishes and views, its always better to stay away from other country's internal matters. And  India should stay away from Nepal's internal matters.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

So many elements incl those in power do not follow our own constitution but are full of advise to Nepal regarding its new constitution. What is surprising to many is that 97% Hindu Nepal has chosen to be secular. This is the true essence of Hinduism. 

True. Advising is the easiest job. It doesn't attract any tax. Minding our own business or remaining neutral is the best course.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.