Ashwagandha has hormone balancing, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties which can prevent and treat a number of diseases. It is popularly used for boosting immunity, anti-ageing, joint pain and insomnia.

http://food.ndtv.com/ayurveda/ashwagandha-the-powerful-health-benefits-and-beauty-benefits-you-need-to-know-1220328

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Ashwagandha is a great herb with a number of health and beauty benefits. It is very helpful in overcoming stress and depression!

Aswagandha is one of the foremost herb used in Ayurveda since centuries.as a tonic, as it makes you feel stronger and healthier. It is also present in Chyawanprash, the delicious and famous concoction stocked up in every Indian household.

Ashwagandha is called Indian  Ginseng . Ginseng which is a root used by the Chinese in many of their medicines is supposed have curing properties for everything. You get Ginseng tablets here .

Ashwagandha is available in many forms in India - powder, tablets and leha !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes. Aswagandha has several curing properties. I do not  use Aswagandha because it's availability here is very limited.. There are several other ways that provide the same health benefits as that of Aswagandha.

usha manohar wrote:

Ashwagandha is called Indian  Ginseng . Ginseng which is a root used by the Chinese in many of their medicines is supposed have curing properties for everything. You get Ginseng tablets here .

Powder is best one. Ashwagandha Ghrat (Butter oil ) is also useful. We must be used it with Mishri (Sugar candy) and warm milk. You know Rajasthan is house of Ashwagandha.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Powder is best one. Ashwagandha Ghrat (Butter oil ) is also useful. We must be used it with Mishri (Sugar candy) and warm milk. You know Rajasthan is house of Ashwagandha.

Is it so ? In my state it's not available in Ayurvedic shops. Aswagandha benefits are

Protects immune system, combats stress, reduces brain cell degeneration.

• Protects the immune system
  • Helps combat the effects of stress
  • Improves learning, memory, and reaction time
  • Reduces anxiety and depression without causing drowsiness
  • Helps reduce brain-cell degeneration
  • Stabilizes blood sugar
  • Helps lower cholesterol
  • Offers anti-inflammatory benefits
  • Contains anti-malarial properties
  • Enhances sexual potency for both men and women
  • - See more at: http://www.chopra.com/ccl/ashwagandha#sthash.ClWOfsPJ.dpuf
  • Protects the immune system
  • Helps combat the effects of stress
  • Improves learning, memory, and reaction time
  • Reduces anxiety and depression without causing drowsiness
  • Helps reduce brain-cell degeneration
  • Stabilizes blood sugar
  • Helps lower cholesterol
  • Offers anti-inflammatory benefits
  • Contains anti-malarial properties
  • Enhances sexual potency for both men and women
  • - See more at: http://www.chopra.com/ccl/ashwagandha#sthash.ClWOfsPJ.dpuf

anil wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

Do you use it Anil, if so tell us more about its use and benefits since you know first hand , how else can one use it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In my locality, Ashwagandha grows wild like weeds. Only the other day, my friend who is an ayurvedic doctor was telling me that eating two fresh leaves every morning on empty stomach followed by drinking warm water helps reducing weight to a great extent. So I uprooted one small plant from the street and have planted it in my window, waiting for it to grow and try its amazing properties.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)

That's a good thing you have done Kalyani. after it grows, Aswagandha will be handy ready to offer its magical medicinal benefits to your entire family.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.