Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

My personal opinion is that there should be a ban. 25 was better because young people do get into drinking and more so under peer pressure. If there is a ban, it may not be possible to stop drinking at young age completely but people would be weary, otherwise it is a free pass. Social drinking is a norm but the younger lot do not know where to draw a line and then they get into all sorts problems like drunken driving, misbehavior and so on. Although older people are also prone to such problems but after a certain age they are responsible for themselves whereas when they are young they just ruled by external influences.

Ban is no solution to any problem. There is a blanket ban on drinking in Gujarat but the drinks are available on demand (in black market) and I have seen minors boozing in every state. The need is to ban the alcohol at manufacturing level and tighten the role of watchdogs.  

Possibly. But at least kids(most if not all)would be weary of the consequences of boozing. Many may not want to venture into what it may lead to if they are caught. Ban may not be able to stop the problem but it will reduce it.

Lopamudra wrote:
suni51 wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

My personal opinion is that there should be a ban. 25 was better because young people do get into drinking and more so under peer pressure. If there is a ban, it may not be possible to stop drinking at young age completely but people would be weary, otherwise it is a free pass. Social drinking is a norm but the younger lot do not know where to draw a line and then they get into all sorts problems like drunken driving, misbehavior and so on. Although older people are also prone to such problems but after a certain age they are responsible for themselves whereas when they are young they just ruled by external influences.

Ban is no solution to any problem. There is a blanket ban on drinking in Gujarat but the drinks are available on demand (in black market) and I have seen minors boozing in every state. The need is to ban the alcohol at manufacturing level and tighten the role of watchdogs.  

Possibly. But at least kids(most if not all)would be weary of the consequences of boozing. Many may not want to venture into what it may lead to if they are caught. Ban may not be able to stop the problem but it will reduce it.

True. a blanket ban will not help. We have seen what happened when a ban was imposed on tobacco based products like cigarettes and Gutkha, These are available freely everywhere now.

In my views it's the duty of parents, the children and schools to guide properly and let the people decide for themselves. More you ban, more people find it tempting and go for banned items. Let them experience the realities of life, they will know themselves what is good or bad for them. How can you go with permitting manufacturing and increase excise duty and other taxes, increase number of shops of liquor and yet try to decrease use. Here age is not in question as more than 50% consumers are in the age group of 18-30 years.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In fact Ban on tobacco based product or alcohol will be a loss tor the Government as they are major revenue generators. Government bans are mere eyewash Bans,

Banning is not the answer. But widespread availability also acts as a tempter to freshers to try it out. So some amount of limited control can be considered like not serving in restaurants or not permitting to drink in public places can help  as a barrier to some extent. In the final analysis each individual has to chose what is good for himself. Awareness can be created and supported.

I agree Vijay. Awareness in the user can reduce the addiction and sales of such products can help. Blanket banning creates more addiction.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.