Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    Education is a must and obviously with it the girls will have the guts to take up a decision regarding every ifs and buts of life. Financial independence is also necessary but I feel sometimes it can take a back seat while fixing marriage but no compromises regarding education. This will help the most when a girl wants to be self dependent. Well, I have a bit different opinion regarding the knowledge of legal rights. It is important but don't you all think that many women are misusing this legal right by lodging fake domestic violence cases. Actually, in our country this legal right is biased towards women which is being violated a lot and many families are getting destroyed because of false cases.Thus, I feel the legal rights after marriage should be balanced and transparent for both the sides and must not have an option to be misused which should be clearly defined to both the parties before the marriage itself. 


    shampasaid


  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    rambabu wrote:

    Most of the parents   fee that a girl is a burden to them. Which is why they hurry up to get their marriage performed at the earliest. But today's girls think One ideally completes her Master’s degree by 24 years of age. In today’s world, 24 years is not too late to get married.

    I am not agree with you Rambabu. Girls are never burden of the parents. Parents love and like daughter like sun. But at present safety and security of daughter is problem. Only father of daughter can understand it. Beside parents wants that daughter should capable of facing any harshment in life. They prefer to educate them well. I have two daughters. One is doing internship after completing LL.B. Another is doing B.Ed. 

     

     

     


  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    anil wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    Most of the parents   fee that a girl is a burden to them. Which is why they hurry up to get their marriage performed at the earliest. But today's girls think One ideally completes her Master’s degree by 24 years of age. In today’s world, 24 years is not too late to get married.

    I am not agree with you Rambabu. Girls are never burden of the parents. Parents love and like daughter like sun. But at present safety and security of daughter is problem. Only father of daughter can understand it. Beside parents wants that daughter should capable of facing any harshment in life. They prefer to educate them well. I have two daughters. One is doing internship after completing LL.B. Another is doing B.Ed. 

     

     Its the general belief in most of the parents. Because of heavy dowry problems. In AP, only for this reason girl child is being killed or thrown away.

     

     


  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya wrote:

    Education is a must and obviously with it the girls will have the guts to take up a decision regarding every ifs and buts of life. Financial independence is also necessary but I feel sometimes it can take a back seat while fixing marriage but no compromises regarding education. This will help the most when a girl wants to be self dependent. Well, I have a bit different opinion regarding the knowledge of legal rights. It is important but don't you all think that many women are misusing this legal right by lodging fake domestic violence cases. Actually, in our country this legal right is biased towards women which is being violated a lot and many families are getting destroyed because of false cases.Thus, I feel the legal rights after marriage should be balanced and transparent for both the sides and must not have an option to be misused which should be clearly defined to both the parties before the marriage itself. 

    The problem is that the media highlights some cases where the women have misused the laws but in actuality this does not happen because for any case to move forward there is need for evidence and an investigation. From what I have seen many women do not get the justice they are supposed to get in domestic violence cases, because the judges , may not be all, but generally tend to view women who have had the GUTS to complain against their husband as being a different kind of species altogether, a wanton woman, a home breaker etc ...I have been a witness to a couple such a case in my town and the judge gave such a seething attack on one of the poor woman who was genuinely in distress because of domestic violence and illicit relationship .Today she has been kicked out of her house and has no money because now the husband is free to carry on with another woman after the judgment and she also has the child to care for ! Believe me all those so called reforms are mostly in words , on the paper and the reality is far from it ...It is still very much a mans world out here . If any justice has been got inspite of such an attitude we must laud such a judgment!


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    It is true, domestic violence  has been misused. Settling scores with Mother - in- law  or sister in law  are some of the issues women misused Domestic violence. Now the system has been revised. Earlier police used to arrest the kin of the husband just on the complaint of the woman. But now, on the complaint of the woman, a first a case is filed and the trial starts.

     


  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    rambabu wrote:

    It is true, domestic violence  has been misused. Settling scores with Mother - in- law  or sister in law  are some of the issues women misused Domestic violence. Now the system has been revised. Earlier police used to arrest the kin of the husband just on the complaint of the woman. But now, on the complaint of the woman, a first a case is filed and the trial starts.

     

    If this is your personal view then it is fine but if it is in response to my post , it means you never read it ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    It happened in my family. My son's wife tried to use Domestic violence as a means to grab my property. Luckily the law has been amended by then. No arrests were made. The trial started. But during the trial she met with an accident and died.

     


  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    @usha manohar I am not saying that women are not subjected to domestic violence. That percentage is high but that does not mean, men and their families are not getting ruined by such false cases. That percentage is less but growing day by day. They only can understand who have seen their loved ones getting falsely implicated and leading them to a shattered life. In the urban educated society it is becoming a routine problem and if we say that women are not selfish at all then it will be hilarious. I agree illiterate and poor women are the huge sufferers of domestic violence but in urban society women are misusing it with the help of their biological family. I have witnessed many such case. The men avoid to speak about domestic violence that does not mean some of them are not victims. As @rambabu said about the new law, that is very true or else earlier the boy's family were not even given a chance to present their side of the story. Thus, they land up into jail, loss of job, honour shattered, death of the aged people due to shock and what not. Both the parties are sufferer maybe males are less in number but if its not controlled then one day every young men would be behind the bars and the fake women would rule India.


    shampasaid


  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    True. The new law pertaining to Domestic violence based on the charges of a woman has completely undergone a change. According to the new law there will not be any arrests.Why these changes were done because law itself realized how Domestic violence is being abused.. I experienced it and how I had nightmarish time for a period of 4 years.

     


  • Re: What a girl should do before marriage

    by » 7 years ago


    It is true men can also be victims of domestic violence but the ratio of women suffering domestic violence is far far more then men to the extent of 90 to 95 % women suffer. Thus laws tend to favor women.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.