In Uttar Pradesh, religious intolerance is taking very ugly shape.  Recently a man was killed by mob on mere suspicion that he ate beef. No a ninety year old Dalit killed for entering Hindu temple.  The Dalits are no less guilty. The Hindu religion will never provide them honorable space. I wonder why the stick to Hindu religion and its temples despite humiliation. why not heed to Baba Saheb Ambedkar 's advice to embrace Buddhism if they cannot live without some religion. 

90-yr-old Dalit man burnt alive for trying to enter temple in UP | india | Hindustan Times

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Intolerance in any religion is not uncommon i India. But it doesn't mean I support intolerance. What I say is Dalits also should realize their rights and fight back. Joining Baba Saheb's Buddhism may be a choice. But it depends on the concerned person.. Now there is a Dalit movement going on against intolerance, untouchability etc.

My opinion in this regard is Dalits should  retaliate.

The biggest enemies of Hinduism are inside it and not outside it. The caste system is  corrosive and is weakening the Hinduism from within. It was felt that education would broaden the outlook of the so called upper castes and help in assimilating the so called lower castes, but unfortunately it has not happened. The  dalits have now only one choice to either fight it out within Hinduism or get out and form a separate group which may mean embracing another religion. The upper castes will still not change. Accidents of birth are used for dominating others.

Well said. Caste system is eating away and tearing apart the Social fabric. I also agree with you that the Dalits who were subjected to suppression since centuries should fight back. or else stay suppressed forever.

Thank you said by: vijay

Credit goes to Gandhiji for keeping Dalits within the Hindu fold at time of independence. But there is no Gandhi today. If Dalits turn away from Hinduism what will happen to upper caste Hindus. Will they reclassify the definition of lower caste?

rambabu wrote:

Intolerance in any religion is not uncommon i India. But it doesn't mean I support intolerance. What I say is Dalits also should realize their rights and fight back. Joining Baba Saheb's Buddhism may be a choice. But it depends on the concerned person.. Now there is a Dalit movement going on against intolerance, untouchability etc.

It is no use retaliating for reforming Hindu religion as this is basically caste based. The best way for Dalits is to discard Hindu religion. They may be either irreligious or join any other religion that would give them dignity. Caste system and consequential inhuman approach is essence of Hindutva. The very thesis of how mankind was formed according to Hindutva reveals this. According to Hindtva, all men are not equal. Brahma was created from navel of Vushnu. Then Brahma created Brahmins from his face, Khtriyas from his shoulders, Vaishya from his belly and shudra (dalits) from his feet. Accordingly, Brahmin are most superior followed by Khstriya, Vaishya and shudra (Dalits).  Thus dalits are inferior to the other castes.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It is no use retaliating for reforming Hindu religion as this is basically caste based. The best way for Dalits is to discard Hindu religion. They may be either irreligious or join any other religion that would give them dignity. Caste system and consequential inhuman approach is essence of Hindutva. The very thesis of how mankind was formed according to Hindutva reveals this. According to Hindtva, all men are not equal. Brahma was created from navel of Vushnu. Then Brahma created Brahmins from his face, Khtriyas from his shoulders, Vaishya from his belly and shudra (dalits) from his feet. Accordingly, Brahmin are most superior followed by Khstriya, Vaishya and shudra (Dalits).  Thus dalits are inferior to the other castes.   

When I said retaliation by the Dalits, i meant not to retaliate to reform the Hindu religion. But to fight for the human rights for which they are entitled.

Of course, joining another religion is a good option where there are no inequalities and where they are treated as humans. But the problem here is even in Dalits there different sub sects. Higher Dalits are those who are comparatively affluent.

Of course, joining another religion is a good option where there are no inequalities and where they are treated as humans. But the problem here is even in Dalits there different sub sects. Higher Dalits are those who are comparatively affluent.

There is no religion in India that is free of caste ... Both Muslims and Christians do not marry others who are not their own kind , meaning what caste they belonged to before they got converted, of course this is for arranged marriages .This is a fact in my place ...They look for their ancestry and then only go ahead with the match ! Dalits are probably better off where they are now with some help from Government and strict administration !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It sounds odd but Dalits can form there on religion and invent their own gods and rituals and hopefully treat every one equal. Needs a greatvleader for all this to happen. Dalits are not treated properly by caste Hindus even today.

vijay wrote:

The biggest enemies of Hinduism are inside it and not outside it. The caste system is  corrosive and is weakening the Hinduism from within. It was felt that education would broaden the outlook of the so called upper castes and help in assimilating the so called lower castes, but unfortunately it has not happened. The  dalits have now only one choice to either fight it out within Hinduism or get out and form a separate group which may mean embracing another religion. The upper castes will still not change. Accidents of birth are used for dominating others.

it is right that enemies of Hinduism are inside. But peoples of upper cast is not responsible for it. Our politicians are behind it. They are dividing society for votes. Upper castes is changing but policy of Appeasement is reason that some people of upper cast are doing all these evil. But don't blame to all. What is happen in UP is an evil.

anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

it is right that enemies of Hinduism are inside. But peoples of upper cast is not responsible for it. Our politicians are behind it. They are dividing society for votes. Upper castes is changing but policy of Appeasement is reason that some people of upper cast are doing all these evil. But don't blame to all. What is happen in UP is an evil.

All are having a share in this sinister act. It's not the question of answering who is responsible or not. It's the question of finding an answer for the atrocities perpetrated on Dalits.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.