Reflexology is an applied pressure therapy. By pressing specific areas called reflexes on the feet and hands, one can produce therapeutic effects in other parts of the body.

http://www.medindia.net/alternativemedicine/Reflexology/Reflexology.htm

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Is this not the same as accupressure and a variant of Chinese system Accupuncture. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Is this not the same as accupressure and a variant of Chinese system Accupuncture. 

They are similar in some respects. but as far as the location of the pressure points are concerned they are different. Both treatments stimulate these pressure points.

rambabu wrote:

They are similar in some respects. but as far as the location of the pressure points are concerned they are different. Both treatments stimulate these pressure points.

Basically it is accupressure but person who trace new points, give it new name. Our body have thousands points. I know one more, it clap therapy. Claping for five minutes.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Basically it is accupressure but person who trace new points, give it new name. Our body have thousands points. I know one more, it clap therapy. Claping for five minutes.

Yes clap therapy is another alternative therapy. When you clap, all the pressure points  located in the hands are stimulated. It results in  normalizing the Blood pressure and strengthens lungs and heart.

Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

It is a therapy which is used to give a relax and a tension free body and also to treat the illness which is caused by tension.

bhuyali saroj

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes clap therapy is another alternative therapy. When you clap, all the pressure points  located in the hands are stimulated. It results in  normalizing the Blood pressure and strengthens lungs and heart.

Yes clap therapy is very useful in blood pressure problem. I tried it many time. Each I felt relief.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes clap therapy is very useful in blood pressure problem. I tried it many time. Each I felt relief.

Besides helping in reducing the Blood pressure, clap therapy helps in reducing diabetes, Asthma, common cold and depression. Because in our hands there are several nerves which are directly connected with heart, liver and lungs. By clapping we are stimulating these nerves.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Besides helping in reducing the Blood pressure, clap therapy helps in reducing diabetes, Asthma, common cold and depression. Because in our hands there are several nerves which are directly connected with heart, liver and lungs. By clapping we are stimulating these nerves.

Wow! Clap therapy!

Every time i clap at my home, street dogs come running to the gate thinking i would throw some food!

My in-laws detest noise and they definitely would not try to clap! 

Swetha Shenoy
Swetha Shenoy wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Wow! Clap therapy!

Every time i clap at my home, street dogs come running to the gate thinking i would throw some food!

My in-laws detest noise and they definitely would not try to clap! 

It's a matter of choice. If your in- Laws detest clap therapy, they can always try Reflexology, that is application of pressure on the pressure areas located on the feet, hands and ears. Even though they do not have any  problem, applying pressure on pressure points is quite relaxing and soothing.

Both acu pressure and reflexology are very similar and can be easily practiced at home.It is great for migraines and I never take any tablet or medication when I get a headache, just press the nerves above the brows with my fingers and the pain vanishes instantly !When you keep doing it, you know exactly where to press ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.