Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Pressure points in Reflexology and Acupressure are similar. The difference is location  of  pressure points. Both are very helpful in reducing stress and migraine. These are used in CAM, Complementary Alternative Medicines . Especially in Chemotherapy clubbed with Aroma Therapy.

How can there be difference in pressure points since they are all nerve endings that are pressed for different kind of pain...Acupressure is the old Chinese method whereas its modern counterpart is reflexology, in fact from what I have seen ,it is termed as Acupressure reflexology in many articles and medical references 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What I read was that pressure points in reflexology is mostly located in  Hands, legs and ears. In Acupressure the pressure points are located in the entire body. If there is a variation you can let me know.

The pressure points have to be the same in both since it is the same nerve endings that provide relief from pain...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Acupressure and Reflexology are bodywork techniques, Acupressure involves the whole body. Reflexology involves primarily the feet, hands and ear.

Here is the link that clearly establishes that the pressure points in Acupressure and Reflexology are different. They are not the same

http://clearpathsreflexologybc.com/faqs.html

Acupressure points are much more complex since it is found everywhere whereas reflexology has fewer points, that is the difference

Yes. the  difference lies  in the location of pressure points in both the therapies.  And the link article says it clearly. . I too pointed that the pressure points in both therapies are not same.

rambabu wrote:
Swetha Shenoy wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Is this not the same as accupressure and a variant of Chinese system Accupuncture. 

They are similar in some respects. but as far as the location of the pressure points are concerned they are different. Both treatments stimulate these pressure points.

Basically it is accupressure but person who trace new points, give it new name. Our body have thousands points. I know one more, it clap therapy. Claping for five minutes.

Yes clap therapy is another alternative therapy. When you clap, all the pressure points  located in the hands are stimulated. It results in  normalizing the Blood pressure and strengthens lungs and heart.

Yes clap therapy is very useful in blood pressure problem. I tried it many time. Each I felt relief.

Besides helping in reducing the Blood pressure, clap therapy helps in reducing diabetes, Asthma, common cold and depression. Because in our hands there are several nerves which are directly connected with heart, liver and lungs. By clapping we are stimulating these nerves.

Wow! Clap therapy!

Every time i clap at my home, street dogs come running to the gate thinking i would throw some food!

My in-laws detest noise and they definitely would not try to clap! 

It's a matter of choice. If your in- Laws detest clap therapy, they can always try Reflexology, that is application of pressure on the pressure areas located on the feet, hands and ears. Even though they do not have any  problem, applying pressure on pressure points is quite relaxing and soothing.

Yes ear is also have many pressure point. If you see it carefully its shape is like child in fetus. Twist ears and remember school days where our teachers twisted our ears on mistake.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Swetha Shenoy wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Is this not the same as accupressure and a variant of Chinese system Accupuncture. 

They are similar in some respects. but as far as the location of the pressure points are concerned they are different. Both treatments stimulate these pressure points.

Basically it is accupressure but person who trace new points, give it new name. Our body have thousands points. I know one more, it clap therapy. Claping for five minutes.

Yes clap therapy is another alternative therapy. When you clap, all the pressure points  located in the hands are stimulated. It results in  normalizing the Blood pressure and strengthens lungs and heart.

Yes clap therapy is very useful in blood pressure problem. I tried it many time. Each I felt relief.

Besides helping in reducing the Blood pressure, clap therapy helps in reducing diabetes, Asthma, common cold and depression. Because in our hands there are several nerves which are directly connected with heart, liver and lungs. By clapping we are stimulating these nerves.

Wow! Clap therapy!

Every time i clap at my home, street dogs come running to the gate thinking i would throw some food!

My in-laws detest noise and they definitely would not try to clap! 

It's a matter of choice. If your in- Laws detest clap therapy, they can always try Reflexology, that is application of pressure on the pressure areas located on the feet, hands and ears. Even though they do not have any  problem, applying pressure on pressure points is quite relaxing and soothing.

Yes ear is also have many pressure point. If you see it carefully its shape is like child in fetus. Twist ears and remember school days where our teachers twisted our ears on mistake.

Hands, feet and ears are places where pressure points are located. LOL. My ears were also twisted my ears for being naughty.

Though I have heard about these therapies except clap therapy, never tried it. I would love to know from you in details how to practice it at home for migraine. I suffer a lot either due to complete headache or half headed. It becomes necessary to take paracetamol and an antacid but sometimes I need to repeat the medication. I know in the long run it will prove quite harmful but nothing doing, it becomes difficult to continue with any household chores and more     

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.