Today is 60th birthday of bollywood actress Samita Patil. Arth, Varis is best one movie of Samit Patil.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/on-her-60th/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Smitha Patil along with Shabana azmi is one of  my favorite actresses .She has acted in some path breaking films like Ardh satya, Nishanth, Subah ,Bazaar,Bhumika and Mirch Masala ,Mandi , Ghulami and later in many commercial films too -  I have seen many of her films and loved her performances,Sad that she died young at childbirth..

smita patil

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Smita Patil is well known for quality histrionic talents in the most natural way. She and Shabana acted Shyam Benegal Movies.

Happy birthday to smita patil. Personally i am huge fan of her, she worked in many traditional film of India. She is also paired with the great Amitabh sir in Nakam halal . 

bhuyali saroj

Smita Patil is not just an actress. She was an active Feminist and she was a member of the Women;s Centre in Mumbai. She was the proud winner  of national Award for Best actress for her role in Bhumika, directed by Shyam Benegal.

Just two weeks after giving birth to her first child, Smita died because of Childbirth complications on December 13 ,1986.

Smuta Patil was a very talented artist.  The cinema world suffered a greatloss in her departure fromthis world theater. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Smuta Patil was a very talented artist.  The cinema world suffered a greatloss in her departure fromthis world theater. 

Yes sir. Smita Patil, Shabana Azmi have great connections with the New wave cinema started by Shyam Benegal and Girish Karnad.

Smita Patil was a very gifted actress and her passing away at a young age was a great loss to Indian cinema.

The group consisting of Smita Patil, Shabana Azmi ,Girish Karnad and Shyam Benegal are the Path finders of new wave cinema in India. The role played by Smita Patil in the Movie Bhumika won the prestigious Golden Plaque award  in Chicago film festival in the year 1978. A great actress indeed.

Samita Patil started her carrier as Marathi new reader. She did like commercial cinema but to promote new wave cinema she done some commercial films.

anil wrote:

Samita Patil started her carrier as Marathi new reader. She did like commercial cinema but to promote new wave cinema she done some commercial films.

She was also drawn into Rajnessh cult and was often seen visiting the Osho ashram at Pune along with Vinod Khanna, some of my friends had seen her there .But once she became friendly and became close to Raj Babbar she must have lost interest ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.