Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In a Work place, where several people work, it becomes an ideal platform for acquiring the Competitive spirit. When I was very new, I learned this Competitive spirit, seeing the other members who already carved a niche of their own in the office.

Over a period, through healthy competition, I stepped the stairs of success one by one. This has proved to be useful not only to me, but also to the organization. Productivity of the organization gone up. The pleased Management will rewarded me.

To be very frank I do not know if I gained anything or lost anything apart from one kg of weight. I was 72 at the time of joining and 73 when I resigned so my company cannot claim I ate too much.

On a serious note when I joined my company as a trainee engineer in the marketing department they offered me the best support in all walks of life. I loved traveling and the job provided me to travel all over the country (and Russia for training).

My next companies provided me the chance of traveling half the world which was my aim of joining marketing field.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Commitment, confidence and sincerity; and above all, the amazing power of teamwork, that is what I learned from my work.

yes from work these three comes in your habit commitment for own satisfaction and sincerity for own respect and confidence to show others that you are not wrong because one's confidence have a great effect on someone thinking 

bhuyali saroj

Listening is a great art. This art i learned from my work place. Everyone has his opinion. I patiently listen to my colleague's opinion. Who knows, his opinion may throw new insight and that insight may help in adding  new avenues to further your knowledge..

Another trait that I learned is not to under estimate anybody. Even a child's opinion too may be of use.

I have learned the capacity to work alone. As during my whole education career mostly from eighth onwards, there has been tremendous importance given to school and later on professional education about being how to read and develop project while staying inside group, my job teaches me to develop attitude to work alone and that is huge stress as well as intention to finish and perform well made work schedule on time.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Though I have mentioned earlier what virtue I gained, I came to a conclusion after reading all the replies that a job definitely teaches all of us something good. Rather, I must say that normally what we lack is learnt while in a job. Some said about team work while one highlighted the capability to work alone and produce result. This is great and the best part is if we don't learn the new means then carrying on with the job will become difficult which will be not at all good.

shampasaid

Workplace provides a plethora of opportunities for leaning new things. First of all, your academic knowledge can be put into practice. Secondly workplace makes you know what actually you are. You can know how to rise up to the expectations of your employers.

Working all these years, with a number of people with colourful and different characters, the one thing I really learned is patience and also different ways of dealing with different types!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Though I don't possess a weak personality, I always have some doubt about myself whenever I am to face a new challenge. While being in a teaching job I learnt to assess myself better because of my student's love and respect that I enjoyed. My students were not little ones but adults-to-be and adults so when I realised that they eagerly waited for my class then I really felt confident which helped me not to underestimate myself. I still doubt my capability but am not afraid to face a challenge any more. 

shampasaid

I discovered my self. In the beginning days of my career, I was  a part of a vast Public sector steel Major. It was a practice to send all the media news to the CMD, early morning before 7  both in Telugu and English. As luck would have it, one day the Telugu translator became sick and took leave. As a stop gap arrangement, My Manager asked me to translate Media clippings from English in to Telugu. Luckily, these Telugu translations were liked by the CMD. Since then, I became the regular Translator.

This made me to discover myself. Such things happen in work place.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.