Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Here in AP, daily laborers  who work for Vegetable vendors and other provision suppliers, worship their  Push carts. during Ayudha Puja.Even petty business  men like Betel shop  owners ( including Muslim Shop owners) perform Ayudha Puja. In general, any profession that provides livelihood perform Puja.

The typical aspect is lemon and Haldi are being crushed with a heavy tool. or allow the lemon and Haldi crushed under the wheels of a passing vehicle. If lemon and haldi remain without being crushed,it's treated as an ill omen.

Conceptually it resembles Vishwakarma Puja which is also worship of mechanical tools.

Yes. But in some states especially in AP,   the practice of performing Viswakarma puja is not there. What people do on a Viswakarma puja, we do during Ayudha puja.

Happy Dushara, celebrate this festival as victory of goodness on badness. Dushara is celebrate at Kullu for seven days. Here more than 1000 god and godess are invited. T.A. and D.A. to God and godess is paid by Himachal Pradesh Government. Dushara Festival at Bastar (Jharkhand) is celebrated for 75 days. Duration of celebrating festival is longest in the World.

Happy Vijayadashmi  to all of you!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

India is truly unique. In India every common practice has another angle such as the fact about Ravana being worshipped at some places. Anther interesting fact is that Hindu festivals vary from place to place, even days differ and the method of celebration differ too. By the way if we start discussing this variation in Hindu festivals then I am sure we won't reach at a conclusion so it's better to live as it is. Let me take the privilege to wish you all Happy Vijaya Dashami! May you all remain happy and attain best of health!

shampasaid

I wish you all a Happy Vijaya Dasami!

It is festive time in my native place and most of these times deals with eating nice foods, and now during these times, even some e commerce sites are giving some heavy discounts as well as this is the best time considering that last two years faced two severe cyclone and this year climate is and sufficient enough to enjoy this festive season. Happy Vijaya Dasami.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.