Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:

@vijay most companies dealing with highly technical products prefer their sales team having proper technical knowledge with formal marketing knowledge. That way they save time and salary of one extra person. In my case I was a confirmed sales engineer only after completing my PGDMA. My job was to convince engineers/technical persons of various companies regarding my products. Incidentally I was working with Adwani Oerlikon, a Germany/Swiss based and one of the few companies having a wide range of welding electrodes and equipment. Our only competitors were L&T and Indian Oxygen Ltd. I agree engineers doing MBA and joining non-engineering companies may not sound the right idea at a particular point of time but you never know when one gets a chance in his dream company.  

What I mean is that all engineers going for MBA  is waste of engineering degree and resources spent  making them one. Need based is altogether a different matter. That is why MBA should be done after a few years of work experience and developing aptitude for it. The en bloc going for MBA has diluted the importance of the degree. 

Also I fondly remember the wonderful calenders  Advani & Oerlikon used to print every year. They were a class apart.

Nowadays a nowadays a graduate degree in engrg has very little scope for future growth, a masters degree combined with an MBA would be the most preferred for most high profile jobs. It also gives the added advantage of having the necessary qualification to start an enterprise of your own..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Most had opinion that after BE MBA is wastage of BE degree. But it is fact most of students of AIIM are BE or B.tec. Civil service is first priorty of engineers.

vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:

@vijay most companies dealing with highly technical products prefer their sales team having proper technical knowledge with formal marketing knowledge. That way they save time and salary of one extra person. In my case I was a confirmed sales engineer only after completing my PGDMA. My job was to convince engineers/technical persons of various companies regarding my products. Incidentally I was working with Adwani Oerlikon, a Germany/Swiss based and one of the few companies having a wide range of welding electrodes and equipment. Our only competitors were L&T and Indian Oxygen Ltd. I agree engineers doing MBA and joining non-engineering companies may not sound the right idea at a particular point of time but you never know when one gets a chance in his dream company.  

What I mean is that all engineers going for MBA  is waste of engineering degree and resources spent  making them one. Need based is altogether a different matter. That is why MBA should be done after a few years of work experience and developing aptitude for it. The en bloc going for MBA has diluted the importance of the degree. 

Also I fondly remember the wonderful calenders  Advani & Oerlikon used to print every year. They were a class apart.

Did you see the one printed in 1976. II got hold of one in 1981 but the teacher of my wife mr. Chaman singh litrary begged for it, so II hadto part with that ... It was Umar kayyam's rubaiyan 8 feet long 12 pages. Dealers had to pay Rs 100 each as contribution in 1976.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Did you see the one printed in 1976. II got hold of one in 1981 but the teacher of my wife mr. Chaman singh litrary begged for it, so II hadto part with that ... It was Umar kayyam's rubaiyan 8 feet long 12 pages. Dealers had to pay Rs 100 each as contribution in 1976.

Could be, but I had a relative working in A&O's Delhi office and therefore got to see many calenders for a few years. But I could not lay my hands on them.

Experts say presently MBA is an overrated degree. Most colleges struggle with placements. After all  the purpose of education is to provide a livelihood in tune with the student's qualification. Any student will join an educational institute especially B Schools with a hope that his institution will help in Placement in tune with his qualification. In the last decade many Business schools placed MBA students in good positions.

Presently , the fact is only one student was selected among 15 students recruited by a large firm. This diminishing trend illustrates the rapidly  fading popularity of MBA.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-07-06/news/51107958_1_mba-applicants-mba-degree-indian-institute/3

It also is indicative that economy is not creating enough jobs. These days many investments do not result in large number of jobs. Many call it jobless growth. E commerce can wipe out need for marketing jobs. So MBA's will get affected.

The MBA institutes should create such a Curriculum that suits the running economy. It's not  happening so in the MBA educational institutions.  And that's the main reason for their failure in Placements.

MBA is not an automatic route to get jobs. Candidates should have stuff in them to become a real MBA. Not all can do so. Govt cannot guarantee jobs to all MBA;s just because they are MBA's. Other options should also be investigated.

anil wrote:

Most had opinion that after BE MBA is wastage of BE degree. But it is fact most of students of AIIM are BE or B.tec. Civil service is first priorty of engineers.

Education never goes waste,it is always an asset to have a solid educational background,and once you have it , you don't have to restrict yourself to civil services only because some of the private companies offer better opportunities and terms of employment.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.