Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Politicians are supposed to be leading the country and the reason they are in their positions is because people have chosen them to be there in the hopes of taking the country towards progress and development. If they themselves start putting their faith in tantriks and bengali babas, then it is a matter of concern.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, you are right that everyone is looking for their own profit then why should we single out the politicians. Actually, politicians are accused because the history says that they do not even spare their kith and kin.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Yes, you are right that everyone is looking for their own profit then why should we single out the politicians. Actually, politicians are accused because the history says that they do not even spare their kith and kin.

It is right that every one is looking for their own profit, what is wrong in it. Common men is not claiming that we are for your service. But politicians get our vote to serve us and country. They promise with us for the development of peoples and country. But once they elected they forgot us and country.

There are two aspects that we need to consider , Politicians as private people with their own individual beliefs in Tantriks , Sadhus and godmen, which is understandable.But as peoples representatives they need to make sure that their private lives and beliefs don't clash with their duty towards their office . It does not happen most of the time but there are exceptions..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@anil I have not accused any general person, it was an answer to the question raised by @vijay. Without harming others we should take care of our own people and nothing is wrong in it unless some unfair means are used. I said that politicians are mainly blamed for it because they only love themselves. They will not even spare their own loved ones if their personal interest gets a blow. 

shampasaid

Yes. Politicians' always look for a way that ensures not only to win an elections but complete elimination of their political rivals. This trait can be seen in non - politicians also. We have seen many a human sacrifice cases to unearth hidden treasures.

People expect all politicians to be like Gandhiji, service oriented. Politics is like any other profession, only the terms of appointment are different and tenure is not defined. As people in other professions do, politicians also want to maximise their gains especially because their tenure is short. 

@vijay I don't know why are you supporting and encouraging the attitude of the politicians? You are putting politicians on the same pedestal with the rest of the countrymen. It cannot be so. Like Gandhiji there were many honest and selfless politicians but the present day politicians are mostly corrupt. Everyone cannot be Gandhiji but that does not mean, they should not have basic morality. They took oath to serve the country in a fair way, remember the other professionals do not take such oath. Politicians when in power are the representatives of people and those who are not in power then too they try to come to power as representatives of people but that's not the case with the other professionals. Sir, it seems you love to carry on discussion and so you always try to opine against the mass. Well, in a way it's not bad because then discussions never come to an end. 

shampasaid

The reason I say that we see politicians against the background of Gandhiji and then they suffer by comparison. Secondly the way you and some others in the forum brand all politicians as corrupt and dishonest is also being very unfair to them. After all a vast majority  of them are sincere, hard working and really dedicated to their work. However today it has become a fashion to brand all politicians as scoundrels for the misdeeds of a few and this is damaging to their morale. The dishonest should be identified, isolated and punished. 

I state my views and if they are not in conformity with the popular views I cannot help it. I am not in a popularity contest nor I treat forum as an opportunity to  vent my feelings. I like to get a meaningful reply to my thoughts because then exchange of ideas can be carried forward. However such occasions are few and far in between. But that you should be a conformist at your age is a bit surprising. Be open to new and alternate ideas. 

Personally I feel that while 50% of the politicians may be corrupt, there are also some who are really doing their job well.In my own constituency , the corporator , the MLA and MP belonging to the Congress party and BJP respectively are very honest and tirelessly working and not at all corrupt . We are all in touch with them and I get sms from all of them when they start any new public work, which I am sure they are sending to many people..The Corporator and MLA are both devout Catholics and never miss their Sunday mass . It hardly matters because they are good at their job and their belief is their own, similarly politicians belonging to other religion also have the right to do so .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.