Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@vijay If you read my reply once again then you will see I have written 'mostly' and not 'all politicians'. We opine such negatively only because they never rise above their party and petty politics. I do agree some politicians are surely good but that number is pretty less and ultimately they don't speak their mind but showcase solidarity with their political friends.

You are absolutely right in putting forward your own opinion. Here, I don't think any of us write to gain popularity. We have the right to oppose or to accept and that is what discussion is all about. You have named me as conformist, that's fine with me. What's wrong in it? I am not harming anyone. I am open to new ideas but that does not mean I have to act against that opinion of mine on which I strongly believe. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

@vijay If you read my reply once again then you will see I have written 'mostly' and not 'all politicians'. We opine such negatively only because they never rise above their party and petty politics. I do agree some politicians are surely good but that number is pretty less and ultimately they don't speak their mind but showcase solidarity with their political friends.

You are absolutely right in putting forward your own opinion. Here, I don't think any of us write to gain popularity. We have the right to oppose or to accept and that is what discussion is all about. You have named me as conformist, that's fine with me. What's wrong in it? I am not harming anyone. I am open to new ideas but that does not mean I have to act against that opinion of mine on which I strongly believe. 

I agree with you. Every one has the right to express their opinions freely. If somebody differs with my opinion, well I respect them.

vijay wrote:

The reason I say that we see politicians against the background of Gandhiji and then they suffer by comparison. Secondly the way you and some others in the forum brand all politicians as corrupt and dishonest is also being very unfair to them. After all a vast majority  of them are sincere, hard working and really dedicated to their work. However today it has become a fashion to brand all politicians as scoundrels for the misdeeds of a few and this is damaging to their morale. The dishonest should be identified, isolated and punished. 

I state my views and if they are not in conformity with the popular views I cannot help it. I am not in a popularity contest nor I treat forum as an opportunity to  vent my feelings. I like to get a meaningful reply to my thoughts because then exchange of ideas can be carried forward. However such occasions are few and far in between. But that you should be a conformist at your age is a bit surprising. Be open to new and alternate ideas. 

After all a vast majority  of them are sincere, hard working and really dedicated to their work.????

How come we never hear about or have seen even a SINGLE SUCH politician till date??? And I think that your second stanza regarding popularity contest, meaningful reply, exchange of ideas, open to new ideas etc. etc. seems quite surpriisng since these things are usually lacking in your own posts most of the time. I must also make you aware that launching a personal tirade against someone is not really desirable here, so please be more considerate in future before bringing others' age into the forum. I have read Shampa's posts and have not seen the reason for this particular tirade in your post. Please refrain from such statements.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ Nandurkar is fully within her rights in not seeing any merit in my comments.  But to call my response to @Shampa a tirade is not fair. I was replying to her pointed observation that in general my comments are against the common trend in the posts. In doing so I used the term "at your age" as a figure of speech with no intention of any personal attack or tirade . @ Shampa has given a very appropriate response to my post and I concur with her that even if she is a conformist she does not hurt anyone. @ Nandurkar may perhaps reconsider her response. Even if you do not then also it is OK by me, because you have made that an issue which was not meant at all. Good luck.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

If I understood your previous post and above post, then you are stating that by my taking a stand contrary to others keeps the issues alive, which I conclude you do not like to happen. It is in this context I said you are a conformist to views of others. I fully respect your choice and had suggested as a friendly advice that you should be open to other view points also which may be different than yours. You are entitled to whatever stand you want to take and that is your fundamental right. @ Nandurkar opines that I have launched a tirade against you. If you got such feeling then let me assure you that it was furthest from my mind to do so. Pl let me know so that I can express my regrets.

@vijay I have no problem in continuing any discussion with decency. I don't want to abruptly conclude any discussion but sometimes when we oppose a matter by raising the same contradictory point then I find that there is a repetition of our opinion and that's all. I have nothing against your view, the reason is we are matured people and we know how to tackle a situation which seems to go a bit wrong. It's fine as it happens in every discussion so there is no need to be regretful. If I have hurt your sentiment then I am definitely sorry.

Well, as @Kalyani commented that's her way of controlling a situation. She must have thought that the discussion is taking a wrong turn so she intervened which is absolutely right in her own way. No more further discussion about it, please. It's all fine.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: vijay

Religion and Politics have always gone hand in hand because many centuries ago , religion was all powerful and the political leaders took the advise of the religious leaders in almost all major decisions. So, it is but natural that at least to some extent the present day leaders look up to these religious leaders , although their clout is much less now

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Consulting a palmist or Jyotish before embarking on a job or activity is an old practice in sphere of life including political sphere. The politicians would ensure their success.

In this regard, I must say, this practice is quite common. It is a altogether a different thing whether it is superstitious practice or not. But one thing is true that politicians' links with Astrologers, Tantriks and religious Gurus are very well there.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.