Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

<p>@vijay:Beyond the geographical boundaries, Bharat is largely considered as a Hindu Nation but the successive governments continued to practise secularism, more so as appeasement-oriented policy, perhaps to keep the friendship with the muslim countries at ease. Why I propose for the unification is for the correction of the wrong what we had committed in 1947 of accepting the division on the basis of the religions. Why did we accept it at all ?Being a Hindu Rashtra, we are not taking stern action in J & K against those who compelled Kashmiri Hindus to migrate elsewhere within India. Hindus are in minority there. If officially or mentally we can not think of unification, we must redefine our secularism too by applying uniform policies for all the citizens at par. Indo-pak relationship can be given a brighter form by strictness on our stand inhouse. Pakistan finds its friends easily within Indian muslims because of religious linkage and such friends become sleepy spies sometime as we found very recently in Jammu Kashmir when our army arrested one terrorist alive. Not only this, we find Engineer Rashid type politicians and separatists who speak of Pakistan more than Bharat in spite of living in this country and we are not taking action against them under the treason with the country. We are Hindus and we say proudly as such, this community deserves to have all the rights what it deserves after the slavery of so many centuries. This community in its totality has all the vigour and energy to become a super power again with the maximum tolerance and patience. Other powers are also successful even after remaining strict to their native language and ethics.<p>

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If the two countries can maintain at least friendly economic and social relationships that would be good enough rather than hope to have a united front which is impossible because that would give rise to many minor issues like having a common law that would be suitable to all cand so on..

Totally agree. Differences are far too many to even think of a possibility like that. Being cordial with each other is all we can hope for. I have stayed in Punjab for quite some time and I know many of the families there have gone through the pain of partition and have relatives across the border. But I've also seen the tension there. Even India Pakistan cricket match used to seem like a war !!

I agree, hoping and wishing for a unified Pakistan, India and Bangladesh is a distant dream and just that, a dream. People have moved a long way apart and no one wants the union to happen and it is not even feasible and practical. So all we should hope and for and work for is something on the lines of European Union, existing peacefully along with others and not generally interfering in each other's internal affairs. But that too is something that only India can try and achieve, hoping that to happen from other two is again impossible.

When there is a complete lack of trust it is next to impossible for the two countries to come together let alone unite as one. Practically speaking, however much Indians may want to reclaim back Pakistan which was part of India, it would be like opening Pandora box which could only bring in problems galore , as if we don't have enough of our own now !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If the two countries can maintain at least friendly economic and social relationships that would be good enough rather than hope to have a united front which is impossible because that would give rise to many minor issues like having a common law that would be suitable to all cand so on..

Totally agree. Differences are far too many to even think of a possibility like that. Being cordial with each other is all we can hope for. I have stayed in Punjab for quite some time and I know many of the families there have gone through the pain of partition and have relatives across the border. But I've also seen the tension there. Even India Pakistan cricket match used to seem like a war !!

I agree, hoping and wishing for a unified Pakistan, India and Bangladesh is a distant dream and just that, a dream. People have moved a long way apart and no one wants the union to happen and it is not even feasible and practical. So all we should hope and for and work for is something on the lines of European Union, existing peacefully along with others and not generally interfering in each other's internal affairs. But that too is something that only India can try and achieve, hoping that to happen from other two is again impossible.

When there is a complete lack of trust it is next to impossible for the two countries to come together let alone unite as one. Practically speaking, however much Indians may want to reclaim back Pakistan which was part of India, it would be like opening Pandora box which could only bring in problems galore , as if we don't have enough of our own now !

You are right, Unification of India and Pakistan is far-fetched. Indeed some citizen of Pakistan is not like to stay there. These Hindus, Sikhs and Muzahadin. Muzahadin are Muslim who were migrated from India at the time of Particians. Here is link to know what is the condition of Minorties in Pakistan.

https://twitter.com/noconversion/status/659230633844015105?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&sig=e7cb6d594260c303b24bd1f1bf3a8fd28bd94532&al=1&refsrc=email&iid=d8ff8312d3c24d7fb3c0dbd093b4c3d8&autoactions=1446024719&uid=438467000&nid=244+591

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

You are right, Unification of India and Pakistan is far-fetched. Indeed some citizen of Pakistan is not like to stay there. These Hindus, Sikhs and Muzahadin. Muzahadin are Muslim who were migrated from India at the time of Particians. Here is link to know what is the condition of Minorties in Pakistan.

https://twitter.com/noconversion/status/659230633844015105?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&sig=e7cb6d594260c303b24bd1f1bf3a8fd28bd94532&al=1&refsrc=email&iid=d8ff8312d3c24d7fb3c0dbd093b4c3d8&autoactions=1446024719&uid=438467000&nid=244+591

True. Unification is possible only when there is mutual trust. And this trust is totally absent between the two countries.

A Muslim sees a Hindu with suspicion. And Hindu sees a Muslim with hatred and doubt.Basically the partition took place due to lack of mutual trust and hatred between the Hindus and  Muslims.

Now with regular provocative cross border firings and providing shelter to Terrorists by Pakistan has confirmed that Unification is not possible.

It is a natural human tendency that our hearts grow fonder about the past.Revisiting history only helps us to learn pragmatic lessons out of it. Mahatma drew on his full moral persuasive powers to prevent partition and paid with his dear life. Closer home India could not prevent prevent bloodshed,death and final bifurcation of a state sharing same culture,language and heritage.Yet AP was bifurcated. In a scenario like this reunification with a nation whose insane leaders have earned notoriety and consequent shame and disgrace world over,looks more than a pipe dream!

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

It is a natural human tendency that our hearts grow fonder about the past.Revisiting history only helps us to learn pragmatic lessons out of it. Mahatma drew on his full moral persuasive powers to prevent partition and paid with his dear life. Closer home India could not prevent prevent bloodshed,death and final bifurcation of a state sharing same culture,language and heritage.Yet AP was bifurcated. In a scenario like this reunification with a nation whose insane leaders have earned notoriety and consequent shame and disgrace world over,looks more than a pipe dream!

Absolutely, we have seen such things happening within our country so how can one even think of unifying two ideologically, totally different nations , sharing nothing but a bloody past and present ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@ Gulati: Your view are those of someone who wants to achieve many things simultaneously disregarding the realities as they exist or as they evolved. Just because Pakistan maltreated its minorities is that a reason that we should a;so do the same? Then in what way we are different and why should we condemn their brute behaviour? Secularism is a lofty principle and requires maturity and tolerance which was there till a few years. It got drowned in a maze of corruption and rise of alternate views gaining strength. That is  politics. Are you sure that by declaring India a Hindu Rashtra all our problems will be resolved or do you want Pakistan type solutions to be adopted by India also. Whatever may be the view point, unification is not possible nor desirable. I have myself experienced the warm relations Indians and Pakistanis have with each other outside India where they feel comforted by each others presence. But back home the demons seem to take over.

Thank you said by: Vinod Kumar Gulati

With all said and done in view of the Present political scenario and the frequent incidents of firing killing many Indians living in Border states, reunification of India and Pakistan remains as a pipe dream.

rambabu wrote:

With all said and done in view of the Present political scenario and the frequent incidents of firing killing many Indians living in Border states, reunification of India and Pakistan remains as a pipe dream.

Yes peoples are killing is J&K in firing by Pakistan. Cordial relation is in best interest on both countries. But Pakistan army never would it. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.