Petition a ccepted by SC to ban Santa Banta jokes.

http://m.nbt.in/text/details.php?storyid=49596415&section=bharat-home

 


http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    Petition has been filed by Harvinder Choudhury. S.C has accepted for hearing the petition. Let's wait for the verdict of the Supreme Court.

     


  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    Jokes for teasing some community is not a good practice.

     


    http://www.comparenshop.in


  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    Sardar Jokes were made famous and popular by Sardar Kushwant Singh, himself a Sardar. Sardars equally relished these Jokes.

     


  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    The jokes may be banned but can the public be stopped from sharing them with each other. Santa Banta jokes are simply too good to fade out.


  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    rambabu wrote:

    Sardar Jokes were made famous and popular by Sardar Kushwant Singh, himself a Sardar. Sardars equally relished these Jokes.

    You are living is area where sardars are very few in number. Indeen sardars don't like any jokes on them. Sardar is living in my area in large number. Before two year one comic poet conference was cancleald by sardars. The only reason behind it is that one poet read poem on them.

     

     


  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    anil wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    Sardar Jokes were made famous and popular by Sardar Kushwant Singh, himself a Sardar. Sardars equally relished these Jokes.

    You are living is area where sardars are very few in number. Indeen sardars don't like any jokes on them. Sardar is living in my area in large number. Before two year one comic poet conference was cancleald by sardars. The only reason behind it is that one poet read poem on them.

    It is true I'm living in a place where Sardars are less in number. But the Sardar Jokes were made popular  by Sardar Khushwant singh the eminent writer.

     

     

     


  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    rambabu wrote:
    anil wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    Sardar Jokes were made famous and popular by Sardar Kushwant Singh, himself a Sardar. Sardars equally relished these Jokes.

    You are living is area where sardars are very few in number. Indeen sardars don't like any jokes on them. Sardar is living in my area in large number. Before two year one comic poet conference was cancleald by sardars. The only reason behind it is that one poet read poem on them.

    It is true I'm living in a place where Sardars are less in number. But the Sardar Jokes were made popular  by Sardar Khushwant singh the eminent writer.

     I know but Sardar Khushwant Singh was sikh only with appearance. He said many time that I am not gurdwara going sikh.

     

     

     


  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    anil wrote:
    rambabu wrote:
    anil wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    Sardar Jokes were made famous and popular by Sardar Kushwant Singh, himself a Sardar. Sardars equally relished these Jokes.

    You are living is area where sardars are very few in number. Indeen sardars don't like any jokes on them. Sardar is living in my area in large number. Before two year one comic poet conference was cancleald by sardars. The only reason behind it is that one poet read poem on them.

    It is true I'm living in a place where Sardars are less in number. But the Sardar Jokes were made popular  by Sardar Khushwant singh the eminent writer.

     I know but Sardar Khushwant Singh was sikh only with appearance. He said many time that I am not gurdwara going sikh.

    True. Khuswant was an atheist.  He is a non believer in religions and rituals.

     

     

     

     


  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    @ Anill is right that Sardars have a right to feel offended at being always targeted in jokes. But Khushwant Singh was a class apart and was a man with a broad outlook and heart  Not attending gurudwaras is a personal decision and does not make him less Sikh. After all he has written the most authoritative History of Sikhs considered a classic work by all.

  • Re: Petition in SC to ban Santa Banta jokes

    by » 5 years ago


    vijay wrote:
    @ Anill is right that Sardars have a right to feel offended at being always targeted in jokes. But Khushwant Singh was a class apart and was a man with a broad outlook and heart  Not attending gurudwaras is a personal decision and does not make him less Sikh. After all he has written the most authoritative History of Sikhs considered a classic work by all.
     
    Yes. When Khuswant Singh has written volumes after volumes on Sardar Jokes, all enjoyed and relished including SardarJis. Of coursse I read some of his books like Train to Pakistan, The company of women. I'm a great fan of Khuswant. He says, we the Indians lack the quality of laughing at ourselves. How true !

     


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.