Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with the petition. But this is too late. For decades, all including Sardars have enjoyed the jokes. Butit is also a fact that nobody has any motive to insult. sikhs (Sardars) are admired for their intelligence, dedication and hard work. Then Santa Banta jokes are not about sikhcommunity as such. Itisonlyincidental that bothcharacters are sikhs or sardarji. In most movies, thevillain is Hindu. This is not for insulting any community.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes sir. I agree with you. A joke is meant to create some mental easiness. Kushwant also treated joke as a joke. Seeing this Kushwant was encouraged to write volume after volume, which won the appreciation of. all including Sardars.

rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:
@ Anill is right that Sardars have a right to feel offended at being always targeted in jokes. But Khushwant Singh was a class apart and was a man with a broad outlook and heart  Not attending gurudwaras is a personal decision and does not make him less Sikh. After all he has written the most authoritative History of Sikhs considered a classic work by all.

Yes. When Khuswant Singh has written volumes after volumes on Sardar Jokes, all enjoyed and relished including SardarJis. Of coursse I read some of his books like Train to Pakistan, The company of women. I'm a great fan of Khuswant. He says, we the Indians lack the quality of laughing at ourselves. How true !
No doubt Khuswant was a great writer. His column Na, Kahu Se Dosti, Na kahu Se bair, was very popular is Hindi news paper readers. Woman and wine was his favorite subject.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:
@ Anill is right that Sardars have a right to feel offended at being always targeted in jokes. But Khushwant Singh was a class apart and was a man with a broad outlook and heart  Not attending gurudwaras is a personal decision and does not make him less Sikh. After all he has written the most authoritative History of Sikhs considered a classic work by all.

Yes. When Khuswant Singh has written volumes after volumes on Sardar Jokes, all enjoyed and relished including SardarJis. Of coursse I read some of his books like Train to Pakistan, The company of women. I'm a great fan of Khuswant. He says, we the Indians lack the quality of laughing at ourselves. How true !
No doubt Khuswant was a great writer. His column Na, Kahu Se Dosti, Na kahu Se bair, was very popular is Hindi news paper readers. Woman and wine was his favorite subject.

Similarly, Khushwant Singh's many syndicated columns were very popular in English news papers.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Sardar Jokes were made famous and popular by Sardar Kushwant Singh, himself a Sardar. Sardars equally relished these Jokes.

You are living is area where sardars are very few in number. Indeen sardars don't like any jokes on them. Sardar is living in my area in large number. Before two year one comic poet conference was cancleald by sardars. The only reason behind it is that one poet read poem on them.

It is true I'm living in a place where Sardars are less in number. But the Sardar Jokes were made popular  by Sardar Khushwant singh the eminent writer.

I know but Sardar Khushwant Singh was sikh only with appearance. He said many time that I am not gurdwara going sikh.

True. Khuswant was an atheist.  He is a non believer in religions and rituals.

If Khuswant Singh was an atheist that why he was used turben and like a Sikh.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Sardar Jokes were made famous and popular by Sardar Kushwant Singh, himself a Sardar. Sardars equally relished these Jokes.

You are living is area where sardars are very few in number. Indeen sardars don't like any jokes on them. Sardar is living in my area in large number. Before two year one comic poet conference was cancleald by sardars. The only reason behind it is that one poet read poem on them.

It is true I'm living in a place where Sardars are less in number. But the Sardar Jokes were made popular  by Sardar Khushwant singh the eminent writer.

I know but Sardar Khushwant Singh was sikh only with appearance. He said many time that I am not gurdwara going sikh.

True. Khuswant was an atheist.  He is a non believer in religions and rituals.

If Khuswant Singh was an atheist that why he was used turben and like a Sikh.

Kushwant Singh was a very complex personality and it is difficult to gauge whether he is a believer or an atheist. In his book Agnostic Khushwant : There is no God, he actually questions whether belief or no belief in god is everything or does it define the characteristics of an individual?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Khushwant , no doubt is an atheist. He made it clear about his Atheism on many occasions through his columns.Coming back to the subject, Sardar Jokes are mere jokes without any harm. Khushwant Singh always used to say that Indians relish jokes on others. But not not the jokes on themselves.

It's good to laugh at ourselves but if one cuts some joke about others then we need to be extra cautious. We don't have the right to insult anyone in the name of jokes so it must be within limits.

shampasaid

True. A joke should evoke laughter. But never ridicule or hurt the sentiments of the people. It should be simply laughter evoking without hurting the sentiments of the people. l

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

It's good to laugh at ourselves but if one cuts some joke about others then we need to be extra cautious. We don't have the right to insult anyone in the name of jokes so it must be within limits.

Jokes are meant for laughing happily for a while. Jokes make us relax. It needs a large heart to appreciate the   humor.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.