Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:

Why was the subsidy given on the first place, only to be taken off? I think it was trick played to first please the aam junta and now in th ename of providing or extending the LPG facility to the BPL people, they are only targeting on future votes banks. I agree we have to be socially responsible but everything in this country is done only to serve one and only purpose...vote!

The credit of subsidy to customer's account has been introduced by the present government. Before that, the subsidy was paid to the gas supplier company and individuals paid subsidized price. Fuel is essential item and hence subsidized. Apparently, subsidy is not being totally abolished. This will be withdrawn from comparatively rich people only. But yet we don't know exact criterion on which subsidy will be allowed/ withdrawn. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu

Even Modi cannot eliminate subsidies. It can be reduced though. Subsidies are a form of bribe to vote for the ruling party as is alleged by many.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:

Why was the subsidy given on the first place, only to be taken off? I think it was trick played to first please the aam junta and now in th ename of providing or extending the LPG facility to the BPL people, they are only targeting on future votes banks. I agree we have to be socially responsible but everything in this country is done only to serve one and only purpose...vote!

The credit of subsidy to customer's account has been introduced by the present government. Before that, the subsidy was paid to the gas supplier company and individuals paid subsidized price. Fuel is essential item and hence subsidized. Apparently, subsidy is not being totally abolished. This will be withdrawn from comparatively rich people only. But yet we don't know exact criterion on which subsidy will be allowed/ withdrawn. 

True. There are many things to be known. The subsidy withdrawn from the rich and will be given to the deserving poor below Poverty line. The criteria aspects are yet to be announced.

Subsidy is only to help lower income group peoples not for riches. Freeloader is habit and character of Indians. Here in my city EX. MLA who millioners is using subsidy gas. he said that quiting subsidy is Dil Ka Mamla. If rices quite subsidy, than government need to took any action.

anil wrote:

Subsidy is only to help lower income group peoples not for riches. Freeloader is habit and character of Indians. Here in my city EX. MLA who millioners is using subsidy gas. he said that quiting subsidy is Dil Ka Mamla. If rices quite subsidy, than government need to took any action.

The purpose of cancelling the Gas subsidy  is no doubt good. But, the example you quoted, a millionaire using the gas subsidy is misusing the facility aimed to help the people below poverty line.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

The purpose of cancelling the Gas subsidy  is no doubt good. But, the example you quoted, a millionaire using the gas subsidy is misusing the facility aimed to help the people below poverty line.

In this country most of subsidy is using by millioners. Here in my city many wealthy families get BPL Ration cards. Once government decide to paint BPL family on their houses. They also started protest it, and plan of government went in the dustbin.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

In this country most of subsidy is using by millioners. Here in my city many wealthy families get BPL Ration cards. Once government decide to paint BPL family on their houses. They also started protest it, and plan of government went in the dustbin.

Very very true. This clearly says that, our acts made for poor are working only for rich and influential. And the Governments too are looking the other way. It's always the poor who suffer.

Government is ending gas subsidy of consumers who's earning is 10 laks P.A. and more. I think it is not wrong decision.

Now  most non-salaried persons will show incomes below Rs 10 lakhs. Only salaried persons with IT deducted at source will lose subsidy.

Just to avail 100/ per motnh or so no one will take a risk of showing their income below 10 lacs. The rates of subsidized and non-subsidized have only about that much of difference and as per the rules one can take only 12 cylinders per year. Besides they are going to take the subsidy off from all MPs etc too. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.