Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I have yet to understand how the 'give up' scheme will help the cause though.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

If you mean How giving up Subsidies on Gas cylinders will serve the cause of allotting free connection to poor and deserving people , it can help the needy.. And that will be known only after some time as the scheme has just started.

suni51 wrote:

Really this is not understandable. There need by no such thing as voluntarism in schemes. There should be clear cut eligibility criteria and people should be given or denied subsidy only on that criteria. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Really this is not understandable. There need by no such thing as voluntarism in schemes. There should be clear cut eligibility criteria and people should be given or denied subsidy only on that criteria. 

It's a new scheme. In the eligibility criteria was already clearly written. It has to be seen the implementation part to see its effective part of the scheme

I don't see any scheme that can provide a free gas connection to poor or needy against the given up subsidy by influential ones. After all as per the claims lacks of people have already 'given it up' but is there a single household that benefited from this scheme? Why not the government makes the scheme more clear for people to understand it or bring all Income Tax payers under the 'NO Subsidy' scheme? Or why is there a need for subsidy for anyone if he wishes to use a facility? Let the market take its course without offering such facilities by one hand and asking for 'give up' at the same time. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I don't see any scheme that can provide a free gas connection to poor or needy against the given up subsidy by influential ones. After all as per the claims lacks of people have already 'given it up' but is there a single household that benefited from this scheme? Why not the government makes the scheme more clear for people to understand it or bring all Income Tax payers under the 'NO Subsidy' scheme? Or why is there a need for subsidy for anyone if he wishes to use a facility? Let the market take its course without offering such facilities by one hand and asking for 'give up' at the same time. 

It's a populist scheme to win over the electorate. I remember some member pointed out rightly that all these populist schemes will disappear once a new government comes in. That's why I feel its good for for the people to get accustomed with non subsidized gas facilities. Say, if it is fore thought or any thing, I stopped using subsidized gas long ago.

Of course families benefit and have benefited when someone gives up their subsidy. The gas dealers can give more connections to people falling below a certain income level , through their ration cards.This is what the Indane dealer told me and they have already given connections to 123 people, directly depending on the number of people who give up. It is not free but those who give up subsidy are helping people who are poorer than them to have the benefit at a reduced rate.. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

People who surrender subsidized gas connections will be doing a great service to those who are eligible and below poverty line. This is a good move and I appreciate this scheme provided the scheme is implemented effectively.

The way gap between subsidised and non-subsidised cylinder prices are constantly reducing and I hope some day the difference between both prices would be mere 10 to 20 rupees.

http://mohanmekap.com/

If that's the case, people certainly will not utilize the subsidized gas connections. Then the really poor and deserving candidates will be benefited.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.