Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There can be many reasons for a person not to give their accommodation on rent but when someone does not want to give rent only because of an ill feeling regarding the tenants then that is very unacceptable. One should not blame the tenants in general.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I would like to second the opinion of @Mousumi Ghosh in totality. The main problem is in attitude be it an owner or a tenant. I stay in a rented house and till date had no problem with the owner. The worst approach of some owners is that if some one wants a place for rent then they are usually looked down. The owners consider themselves supremo and they treat their tenants as subordinates. Once this attitude is changed for the better then automatically a bond will be created and tenants will take care of the rented house as their own. The owners speak rudely, create water dispute, a day or two delay in rent payment is made to be a big issue, joint electricity meter is made a hassle for the tenant and so on. On the other hand, some tenants love to pick up verbal fight with the owners or deliberately make an issue of a non-issue. So, both are equally responsible for all the problem between them. A little understanding and humane thought can make the owner and the tenant relationship a good and sporting one.

Bonding between the tenant and Rent bond (agreement) keep things under control. Some people might be bad as tenant or landlords but most are good and maintain a good relation. For not giving out ones spare space on rent has many reasons which might not have anything to do with fight or distrust extra but personal privacy or peace of mind. In my case my two spare sets are in the same premises on second floor which I used to give on rent but no more as most of the private engineering, MBA and B.Ed colleges have been closed in our state which were the best source of good tenants as I preferred unmarried people (esp boys as they avoid cooking and washing at home).      

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Basically it should be the house owner who should let out the house on his or her terms because afterall it is their house and they also know their neighborhood and their own expectations as to what kind of tenants they want. Once an agreement is entered into where all the conditions have been put down, one should give space to each other as long as there is no overstepping from both sides.

It is also mandatory in my city now to provide the tenants details , their previous owners names and their own place of dwelling and their office address with a recent photograph to the local police station after we had several cases where questionable characters posing mostly as Hindus were renting our houses in the city area and were later found to be plotting something or the other..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Recently there were cases of anti social elements taking houses for rent and indulging anti social activities. I have seen in Bangalore some flats have their own security systems. Before employing a new employee as cleaners or house maids, the people who live in the flats are asked to inform the security of the flat and they will check the antecedents of the new recruit.

There are rare cases of criminals taking advantage even if you take your best precaution but that does not mean that people will not rent their houses out or you will not get a house when you go to a new place. I have been a tenant for years during my postings in different areas.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I meant only to take precautions before deciding the tenant. Generally either my wife or myself check where he was residing  earlier and the reasons for leaving the earlier house or apartment. This much of care should be exercised to avoid future problems.

There is no harm in inquiring about the tenant's background. That's absolutely fine and certainly the owners must have the last say but the problem arises when after everything gets fixed and then the landlord or the tenant become pesky regarding every matter. Both the sides should learn to keep a safe distance until and unless an emergency comes up.

shampasaid

I was once Land lord for some time and for some time a tenant. By virtue of this, I learned that establishing food relations between Owner and tenant always pays. Else living becomes a hell for both. Everyday some issues arise which i'm sure not good for both.

Since I have never ever rented any property, I have no idea how a tenant feels about renting out ! But all said and done it is give and take where both parties have to come to an agreement and stick to the terms ! I had a problem once not from the tenants but from my neighbors who did not want the particular couple who were renting our upstairs because the couple were in a live in relationship. Honestly , it should not have made any difference because until the revelation came , they were both treated with a lot of affection and respect but things changed overnight and the neighbors began putting pressure on me saying they were setting a bad example to the neighborhood blah blah ...

I stood firm and told my neighbors that I cannot violate the terms for a flimsy reason like that since the tenants besides being highly educated were very co operative and genuinely nice ...Any way the couple themselves left after 2 months ! It was a very unpleasant experience, also showed the attitude of my neighbors who I thought were very broad minded until then , going by the way they spoke and came across ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.