Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

All is matter of belief. If have not belief in medication, meditation and yoga no one will work. No doubt with yoga chronic disease can be cure. I have some pressure on vertebrae. I cure this problem with the help of yoga, natural therahy. Although I can't cure completly.  

Practice Yoga slowly without hurry. Over a period of consistent practice you start seeing the results. Seeing these results, certainly motivates. Go on doing yoga without missing a day. Consistency is the key. First start doing Yoga on alternate days. Then gradually spread it to every day.

Meditation is in fact very good for depression since it diverts the mind of the person. Counselling is perhaps the last resort since one seeks counselling only after all other options have been tried and failed. Basically  if one is positive and also are able to let bygones be bygones rather than holding on to them, there is little chance that one would develop a chronic depressive disorder !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Counselling is an essential part to make someone come out of depression but I would like to stress that a casual counselling is required continuously. This can be easily done by the dear ones and I want to keep professional counselling as the last resort. It is actually a part of medication but prior to it an informal counselling of the loved ones can definitely make wonders along with meditation.      

shampasaid

Depression should be addressed as soon as detected. Many people still avoid going to Psychiatrists because of the social scenario. They still feel that going to the psychiatrists(doctors) or even psychologists is for some serious mental illness which is far from true. Meditation is also often suggested by them only. Inability to feel good about anything day after day, sleepless nights, loss of appetite,waking up with palpitation, having emotional break downs or breaking down into tears, constant fear of something unknown are some of the symptoms which should not be ignored. Medical help, psychiatric treatment, psychoanalysis etc along with support from family and friends is essential. It should not be taken lightly because unless the basic problem is addressed, the condition becomes serious and such patients often develop suicidal tendencies as well. Good news however is the fact that mostly with proper treatment, depression is curable. 

yes at old age there is nothing left for a man to do something in this world he just want to sit and spend his left time with his family. but at the same time the old age comes with physical problems regarding the health. There is more weakness in comparison to young age. 

bhuyali saroj

People who are in depression ( Not necessarily Old people. Even youngster too can become victims of depression ), they get themselves isolated and would be dwelling in thoughts, mostly negative. The fear of tomorrow and deeds of past will be haunting them. This further worsens and they will be further driven in to more depression.

It's here Yoga comes to rescue. It diverts your mind from negative thoughts to positive thoughts.

Depression: The way to tension. As Old age depression is quite change from old time to new era. Today old get depressed more and having alots of tension. As this active and fast growing time lets the old one not to set relex and make panic thread to them.

Yoga may help but it is applicable to young ones who get depression attacks but for old people it's very difficult to convince them to do yoga and I am sure it won't be advisable after a certain age also. Meditation can be a good alternative as it will not impact the body. 

shampasaid

I would suggest that one can try meditation and home counselling as home remedy for depression but if no improvement is noticed within a few days then it's good not to waste any more time. Then an expert medical help such as psychiatrist must be consulted. It will be foolish if in this present age we avoid to consult such experts. Cure of an ailment is more important than anything else. Earlier, I have mentioned that expert counselling should be the last resort by saying this what I meant is that one can try home remedies for a short period and then switch to expert's advice if no positive result is found after exercising home remedies.     

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.