Daily Amar Ujala dated 17 November 2015 mentions that India has 12.1 worshipping places per one thousand families whereas there are only 8.1 educational institutions per one thousand families in this country. We must enhance the number of the educational institutes to improve the education level in the students as well as the faculties.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes. I agree. We need more school goers than temple visitors. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Temples are not giving any type of education. People just go to temple for worship. Any one can go to temple at any time and worship god, there is no teacher no learner. 

People should be made aware of education. Everyone should be educated. Worshiping god is different and education is different. One should not relate education with religious beliefs.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

i totally agree on you sir because the temple goers will learn the magical things and whereas the school goers will learn the science inside that magic. i think the temple goers are blind fatalist and whereas the school goers will always think the reason behind anything which is happening 

bhuyali saroj

I too feel that the comparison does not make sense. Yes, there should be more schools but that is irrespective of the number of worshiping places. There should be more school goers than temple goers. But they should be more in number as compared to pub goers and mall hoppers as well. At least religious places do not have negative effect on education.However, I agree that there needs to be more educational institutions with proper infrastructure. The condition of existing schools should be improved. But that too will not solve all problems. There is an acute shortage of trained teachers in the country.More trained teachers should be recruited. For that the salary has to improve. So, there's a lot to work on for the education system to improve.

Perhaps 100%v Hindus visit temples but only 60-70% are enrolled in schools. So obviously there will be more temples than schools. 

There is another aspect. This is not only about temples. This is about all religions and places of worship. One can remain uneducated either by not going to school or dropping earlier. But nobody can escape religion. One has some freedom in education. He may form his own ideas and opinion, make independent research and choose subjects of study. But religion and the views, practices are thrust upon the moment you are born. You may choose school but not religion. 

The mushrooming of temples is also caused by Land mafia. When they intend to grab some land, they will quickly make some temple there or place some deity idol there and start worship. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Education all the way. Religion binds and imprisons in the limits prescribed by it. Education sets you free. It is this trait that a nation needs. All developed countries developed their Nations through education. Not on the strength of its religions.

There is no doubt that more and more educational institutions are required but temple is not stopping it. Are the school goers and college goers going to temple at the time of going to their educational institutions? No, they are not but they are bunking classes and visiting various entertainment spots. Not only this. every now and then we see new public schools but every citizen cannot afford it and condition of most of the government schools are in shamble. I am not talking about infrastructure even there are no teachers for some subjects and in many schools no permanent headmaster is there. What is the role of the education department? They do not pay any attention to all this requirement of a school so that students get interested in attending school. So, why should we blame religion and place of worship for every loophole in our society,country or policies? 

shampasaid

Definitely there should be sufficient educational institutions, infrastructure and staff  to improve the educational level of the nation. It should be done with proper planning and action. But what has religion to do here? It is true that the places of worship are more in number.  But how do they affect or do any harm to the educational sector? Education and religion are two independent subjects and I couldn’t find any relevance in bringing them face to face for a comparison. 

Thank you said by: Vinod Kumar Gulati

It is true that there is no relation between education and Religious places or Religion. The intention of the author of the thread points out a fact in the present scenario. Religious places are outnumbering the educational institutions. In this context many of the members pointed out that there is a need for increasing the number of educational institutions.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.