Waiting Ticket is now no more a valid document to entitle a passenger to undertake journey in the train for which that ticket was purchased. This arrangement has been made to reduce the loss being incurred by the Indian Railways as some passengers had been using the waiting tickets for journey and after completing the journey, they claim the refunds. With this provision, it has also been arranged that the waiting ticket holders may get refund within half hour before the train departs. Both the provisions have been made in interest of the Railways but can cause inconvenience to those genuine passengers who might have planned for the journey well in advance. At least, the railways can convert  the waiting tickets into general tickets or treat them as general tickets if they are not confirmed/cancelled within half hour before the departure of the train from the station the journey was intended to be started at. Or, alternatively, the waiting tickets be converted into the next higher class or premium grade if the seats/births are available for that upgraded class/category.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

No matter what provisions are made when you have demand and not enough supply, there will be inconvenience ! That's what is happening in India, there is over booking everywhere on buses, trains and even airlines these days. Indian Railway system is the largest in the world and whatever we may say, it is quite well managed ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with your suggestion, if they cannot confirm your waiting listed ticket they should treat it as general ticket and refund the reservation charges on destination station without any deduction or say 10/ per ticket.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The Indian Railways, has revised many rules. Railways say, these revised rules are meant for discourage Touts and Ticketing agencies who engage in black marketing tickets.

Some of the newly introduced rules are

Cancellation fee of a second class confirmed ticket 48 hours before the scheduled departure has been increased to Rs. 60 from Rs. 30. Similarly a third AC will cost Rs. 180 as against earlier cost of Rs. 90.

Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu says, the reason for revising the rules is due to a decline in Diesel. a major source of fuel for the Railways

This is what we all read in newspapers but what do you suggest. WE should suggest what should be reasonable for both government and genuine passengers at the same time.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

If the Seats or berths are available, converting the waiting tickets in to a next available class is what I suggest. This will not cause any loss to the user or the Railways.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.