Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

Another interesting information on one channel was that vehicular pollution accounts for 27% and industrial pollution for 52% . Together they are 79%, but there is no talk of controlling industrial pollution and all efforts are on vehicle owners only. Seems strange.

It is easy to control vehicular pollution that industrial pollution. Problem is air pollution so it is not matter from where to start. it may be vehicles or industries.

anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

Another interesting information on one channel was that vehicular pollution accounts for 27% and industrial pollution for 52% . Together they are 79%, but there is no talk of controlling industrial pollution and all efforts are on vehicle owners only. Seems strange.

It is easy to control vehicular pollution that industrial pollution. Problem is air pollution so it is not matter from where to start. it may be vehicles or industries.

What about Noise pollution? The ear piercing high decibels will be there all  along the day, especially horning of high sounding horns.

vijay wrote:

There certainly is talk about Industry too. They are removing Badarpur thermal plant to start with and considering to remove Dadri plant next. These two are few of the main source of power generation in Delhi and West UP. We are already short of power and if these two removed Kejriwal will succeed in two ways- There will be no power charges since there will be no power and there will be no pollution as well. The third factor and an important one, the population will reduce as no one would want to live in an area where there is no power or one cannot drive his car. Good going Kejriwal, find some more ways to make life easy for NCR.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

There certainly is talk about Industry too. They are removing Badarpur thermal plant to start with and considering to remove Dadri plant next. These two are few of the main source of power generation in Delhi and West UP. We are already short of power and if these two removed Kejriwal will succeed in two ways- There will be no power charges since there will be no power and there will be no pollution as well. The third factor and an important one, the population will reduce as no one would want to live in an area where there is no power or one cannot drive his car. Good going Kejriwal, find some more ways to make life easy for NCR.

Yes. In some states, the process of removing the Industries already started which are causing pollution due to which leading to health hazards. But I'm sure it's too late.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

Yes. In some states, the process of removing the Industries already started which are causing pollution due to which leading to health hazards. But I'm sure it's too late.

I live an area almost 12 km away from city center on Delhi Dehradun highway where one of the biggest tyre factory was established in 70s. Slowly people started living around that factory  and developed colonies and markets. Now they have started to say the industry should be removed as it's source of pollution. Where should the factory go and what's the guarantee the same story will not be repeated once again?

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

I live an area almost 12 km away from city center on Delhi Dehradun highway where one of the biggest tyre factory was established in 70s. Slowly people started living around that factory  and developed colonies and markets. Now they have started to say the industry should be removed as it's source of pollution. Where should the factory go and what's the guarantee the same story will not be repeated once again?

There is no guarantee of course. To avoid this uncertainty, Ministry of Environment is there. It's the ministry that inspects and decides where an Industry should remain or cancelled. In AP, the new capital has got all the environmental clearances because, the location of the Capital is free from any human habitation right now.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

This sort of thing happens in many cities , goes to show how lop sided our policies are.Why not have a Industrial zone where there is no permission for residents to live and vice versa ? In some larger factories they have provision to keep large areas vacant , so that they can use it for expansion and keep the residential structures away..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That's exactly the case, there is large gap between factory and other colonies, say 1 km or more but the carbon particles discharged in the process reach to far flung areas. The colonizers should have known the after effects but they did not care neither the shopkeepers took this in account. Now just to make things complicated at the direction of opposite industrial groups or factory labor unions sacked by the management the drama goes on. If the government issued a licence and gave pollution clearance then it's no fault of factory.

Environmental pollution and industrial development vs vehicles - in case we want development, we need to have industries and for the industries, we need power and mobility. Power, presently available through thermal power generation on the cheap rates, for mobility, we need vehicles to come from our residences to the factory sites and for transportation of the goods too. Power generation and vehicular movement create environmental pollution which is harmful to healthy life. Somewhere we may have to compromise. But we can exercise some controls to reduce the harms. The orders for even and odd numbered vehicles and shutting down the power generaion units might have been taken in that direction but seem to have been taken without much preparation before hand. That is why they did not get appreciation much because they may create some public inconvenience. They must be implemented but in absence of the facilities being provided by them, some alternative arrangements should be made. Better, it could have been arranged in some phases. If we control the vehicle pollution, we may introduce battery operated vehicle or make the public system better. If we need to shut down thermal power generation units, we may arrange solar power or atomic power in their place. Sudden shut downs can enhance public inconveniences.

Alternative methods to curb the Air pollution and other factors that contribute to the deterioration of environment are the need of the hour. I agree with you. But I'm afraid that the decision of the Delhi government in this context was taken in a haste. Kejriwal too said, if the decision causes inconvenience to the people, the Delhi Government is going to withdraw the rule.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.