In our democratic system of working, we are asked to exercise our voting rights many times - in villages for the election of Panchayats/Gram Sabha, in urban areas, we elect for our Nagar Palika/Townships/Nagar Mahapalika/Municipal Corporations, at State level, we elect MLAs and for Parliament, we elect our MPs. We find that some time, the voters' lists and booths for each election are different. If someone has exercised his franchise in the election of the MLA for his area, he finds that his name is not there in the voting list prepared for the Gram Sabha election or booth where he had gone previously has now been changed to another one. The Election Commission must take over all the election proceedings in its hand to ensure that the voters' lists/booths for all elections are the same.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

You are right. In order to to facilitate a hassle free and effective polling to the electorate, Election commission has to ensure that the voters list and booths are the same. 

Thank you said by: Vinod Kumar Gulati

Yes many times people face problem when they not find their name in the voter list of their booth.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Thank you said by: Vinod Kumar Gulati

In these days of computers capable of storing huge volumes of data it is very surprising how voters names can get deleted. Election commission is responsible for hiring services of better trained personnel.

Here I never faced this problem. I am living for 10 years here. My colony is in rural area. For last two elections I cast my vote at same polling both for MLA and MP. For gram panchayat election this time my polling both was changed because one new gram panchayat build and my colony is part of this new gram panchayat.

Same in my case..during the last elections, our names were not found in the voters list and when I called up the corporator, he asked us to go to the booth and check it. When we went there , to our shock someone else had cast their votes in all our names. We lodged a complaint and since the state elections were a few months later , we wanted to be sure that our names would be included in the list , which was done. Again the same thing happened, no names in the list. But I went early and made sure that the names were there and surprisingly the names were on their list but because it was not in another master list we could not vote. I asked them how they could let someone else vote the previous time, no convincing answer to this ! But I sat there next to the lady and made sure that no one else could cast their vote by telling everyone about it and giving them our names in writing , so that anyone trying to cast vote in our names would be found out..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Same in my case..during the last elections, our names were not found in the voters list and when I called up the corporator, he asked us to go to the booth and check it. When we went there , to our shock someone else had cast their votes in all our names. We lodged a complaint and since the state elections were a few months later , we wanted to be sure that our names would be included in the list , which was done. Again the same thing happened, no names in the list. But I went early and made sure that the names were there and surprisingly the names were on their list but because it was not in another master list we could not vote. I asked them how they could let someone else vote the previous time, no convincing answer to this ! But I sat there next to the lady and made sure that no one else could cast their vote by telling everyone about it and giving them our names in writing , so that anyone trying to cast vote in our names would be found out..

Here in last MLA and MP election voter slips also have our photo and it was distributed by government. So it is very hard than some one cast vote with other name.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Here in last MLA and MP election voter slips also have our photo and it was distributed by government. So it is very hard than some one cast vote with other name.

We had no photos but we had to take a photo identity which was checked before voting but inspite of it some one had cast votes in our names - 4 names ! One can imagine the state of affair in our state !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I know some people who went through a similar condition. The voters become helpless in such a situation and it is usually difficult to protest because of politically motivated muscle power in and around the booth. 

shampasaid

Election Commission must take corrective action to ensure same voter list and same booth for each voter for every election unless modifications are made with the change in the status of the voter if he shifts somewhere else.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I know some people who went through a similar condition. The voters become helpless in such a situation and it is usually difficult to protest because of politically motivated muscle power in and around the booth. 

We are lucky, we have not problem of muscle power.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.