Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I know some people who went through a similar condition. The voters become helpless in such a situation and it is usually difficult to protest because of politically motivated muscle power in and around the booth. 

We are lucky, we have not problem of muscle power.

I'm not that lucky. In all the elections until now, I had to run from pillar to post to find my name in the voters list.

Though I did not protest, lodged complaint to the EC through the Polling official. Yes, it's high time the EC should take care of the lapses. Otherwise, the voter will lose interest in the elections.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I know some people who went through a similar condition. The voters become helpless in such a situation and it is usually difficult to protest because of politically motivated muscle power in and around the booth. 

We are lucky, we have not problem of muscle power.

I'm not that lucky. In all the elections until now, I had to run from pillar to post to find my name in the voters list.

Though I did not protest, lodged complaint to the EC through the Polling official. Yes, it's high time the EC should take care of the lapses. Otherwise, the voter will lose interest in the elections.

Only once my name was deleted from voter list. It is because I did not cast my vote in general election because of health problem. So when I went to poll my vote for MLA I had not my name in voter list. Here voter list updated before elections and pasted at the polling both. If some one have not their name in voter list he can submitt application to add the name.

Luckily My ame has been on the voters list eventhough I have changed my address more than twice in the same city. I have gone and filled the necessary form and got registered in the new area voters list.

I'm unlucky. Every election from local bodies to general elections my name will not be there in the voters list. And every time I used to enlist in the voters list after arguments with the concerned polling officer.

Sounds mighty strange !!! My sympathies.

It's my experience. Might not happened to you

May be. If it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't mean it won't happen to others.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.