Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Caste system is one thing that cannot be abolished completely. Its roots dates back to Vedic times. However, with people's  support to Modi Government's efforts to stop ill treatment  towards Dalits,will go a long way.

Now it is the time to completely remove the caste system from our country. Also reservation should be given on the basis of status of a person not on the basis of caste. I have seen many people from Dalit community sitting on high posts and their children are getting benefit of reservation due to caste system. And many people from so called upper community are not getting proper education for their children due to their economic condition, or if their children got proper education somehow, then they find it difficult to get proper job.

So it is important to completely remove the caste system.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Removal of Caste system, right now looks impossible. But may be in future with Modis policies and support from the people, it is possible.

rambabu wrote:

Removal of Caste system, right now looks impossible. But may be in future with Modis policies and support from the people, it is possible.

It cannot be removed immediately,  but can be removed slowly and steadily. If our government works on equality of every community then it can be removed. All communities should be treated equally.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It cannot be removed immediately,  but can be removed slowly and steadily. If our government works on equality of every community then it can be removed. All communities should be treated equally.

Removal of caste system that is as old as the Hinduism, though it cannot be removed urgently overnight, it can be changed over a period of time. Don't forget there are many supporters who favor Caste system,, It would be a Herculean task to root out the caste system in a short time.

Passing of this act is a mockery of our culture > it shows that even after 4000 years you still require an act to enforce equality. Acts will not help, something very drastic is required. One is reminded how the british finished thuggery in India. They summarily hanged about 500 thugs. Such an act will finish this untouchability and all other nonsense

rambabu wrote:

No way it will happen peacefully. Even Gandhi failed, something more drastic is required.

Of course, if at all, any one is there to take a drastic action, that's Modi only.

Though, PM Modi surprises us through his actions he is a politician first. I think we are asking and expecting too much from him and forgetting one basic fact that the political leaders are all alike in some context. Everyone works to receive votes and be in power so I think we the people need to reject the caste system unanimously and express our vision for India.

shampasaid

In my first post on this thread I gave a link which I think has gone unnoticed. The link shows how Gandhiji, Tagore, Indira Gandhi and even Kabir were stopped from entering Jagannath Temple at Puri. The whole system is so ridiculous. How can a person be barred from entering a temple on caste and religious grounds? True Indians must protest it. Once again submitting the link:

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130719/jsp/saltlake/story_17131599.jsp#.Vn6MDfkrLIU   

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.