Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Interesting link sir. As far as followership is concerned, Hinduism has a mind boggling 14 % of the World population. It has many followers  in the countries like  Nepal, Fiji and even in some African Countries.

Hindus are in African countries! This is a new and surprising news to me. How Hinduism reached in Africa? I thought that Hindu religion is only in India and Nepal and people in Africa are Christians. 

hndus are in large numbers in Kenya, South Africa and Tanzania. In fact at one time the Kenya hockey teal                                      had 7/8 sikhs. 

India was hub of international trade in anicient time. So many Indian migrate to different countries including African country. Family which migrate to African countries before 60 to 70 years, member of that family multiply many times.

Of course there are plenty of Indian migrants and settlers in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and South Africa and some of them who went from my town have been there for more than 150 years or even longer than that. ..A lot of Sindhi business people too have been there for generations together.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Interesting link sir. As far as followership is concerned, Hinduism has a mind boggling 14 % of the World population. It has many followers  in the countries like  Nepal, Fiji and even in some African Countries.

Hindus are in African countries! This is a new and surprising news to me. How Hinduism reached in Africa? I thought that Hindu religion is only in India and Nepal and people in Africa are Christians. 

hndus are in large numbers in Kenya, South Africa and Tanzania. In fact at one time the Kenya hockey teal                                      had 7/8 sikhs. 

India was hub of international trade in anicient time. So many Indian migrate to different countries including African country. Family which migrate to African countries before 60 to 70 years, member of that family multiply many times.

Of course there are plenty of Indian migrants and settlers in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and South Africa and some of them who went from my town have been there for more than 150 years or even longer than that. ..A lot of Sindhi business people too have been there for generations together.

Not only Sindhi Gujrati also migrated to African countries. Elder son of Mahatma Gandhi did not come back to India and settled in South Africa, although he changed his religion.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I feel that Buddhism in China, Japan and some other countries also has root in Hindu religion. 

True. In fact most of the religions originated from Hindu religion. Because Hinduism existed since several centuries.

rambabu wrote:

I feel that Buddhism in China, Japan and some other countries also has root in Hindu religion. 

True. In fact most of the religions originated from Hindu religion. Because Hinduism existed since several centuries.

I think what usually gets lost in the religious fervour is that Hinduism was never a religion to begin with. It was a way of life. And personally I feel that is its beauty. (Apart from the fact that you realise worshipping many gods is actually about seeing that God exists in all life and being, like Krishna appears to Arjuna in The Gita, all encompassing Vishwaroopam (if that is the right term, I haven't read it in a while), which is reallly coolllll!)

Today I'm going to be the person walking around with a hammer to break someone's heart with, because its Valentine's Day

SHANA MARIA VERGHIS wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I think what usually gets lost in the religious fervour is that Hinduism was never a religion to begin with. It was a way of life. And personally I feel that is its beauty. (Apart from the fact that you realise worshipping many gods is actually about seeing that God exists in all life and being, like Krishna appears to Arjuna in The Gita, all encompassing Vishwaroopam (if that is the right term, I haven't read it in a while), which is reallly coolllll!)

Viswaroopam is the fullest form of Lord Vishnu encompassing the whole Universe. Hinduism is a way of life that has neither beginning nor ending, "Sanatana Dharma."

Bhagavadgita is all about day to day fears, doubts and suspicions and how to overcome them. How truth  triumphs ultimately. How honesty pays. All in all, Gita is a collection of Life truths..

Jincy Aby wrote:
vijay wrote:

Perhaps what Jincy meant was that Hinduism reached Africa in form of indentured Hindu labour by the British during the colonial period. They settled there and thus Hinduism exists. Hindus do not spread it like Christians and Islam do by inducements or forcing people to convert. That is the strength and also weakness of Hinduism.

Yes, you are right. the prime reason for reaching of Hinduism in Africa is the recruitment of Indian people in their African colonies. There are so many Gods in Hindu religion. Worshiping and satisfying all these Gods are not easy. This is a complicated process. It may be one of the reasons why Hinduism do not spread like Christianity and Islam. 

The first link in this thread clearly says that Hinduism does not believe in numerous Gods rather it signifies only one God in variety of forms. So, there is no trouble in following Hinduism according to one's own choice and trust. Hinduism never believed in force so never used it to convert people into Hindu and increase their number.

shampasaid

SHANA MARIA VERGHIS wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am agree with you Hindu is not a religion. Santam Dharma is religion which people of this country are following.

Thank you said by: SHANA MARIA VERGHIS
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:
vijay wrote:

Perhaps what Jincy meant was that Hinduism reached Africa in form of indentured Hindu labour by the British during the colonial period. They settled there and thus Hinduism exists. Hindus do not spread it like Christians and Islam do by inducements or forcing people to convert. That is the strength and also weakness of Hinduism.

Yes, you are right. the prime reason for reaching of Hinduism in Africa is the recruitment of Indian people in their African colonies. There are so many Gods in Hindu religion. Worshiping and satisfying all these Gods are not easy. This is a complicated process. It may be one of the reasons why Hinduism do not spread like Christianity and Islam. 

The first link in this thread clearly says that Hinduism does not believe in numerous Gods rather it signifies only one God in variety of forms. So, there is no trouble in following Hinduism according to one's own choice and trust. Hinduism never believed in force so never used it to convert people into Hindu and increase their number.

I agree with you. Hinduism did not force others to join it. Despite this fact, amazingly, Hinduism is one of the widely spread religions in the World.

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:
vijay wrote:

I agree with you. Hinduism did not force others to join it. Despite this fact, amazingly, Hinduism is one of the widely spread religions in the World.

Not only widely spread it is oldest religion of the earth. Chankya's period is 300 years BC

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:
vijay wrote:

Hinduism is not widely spread since one cannot convert to Hinduism but Hindus have spread all over the world...We don't see black, white or East Asian Hindus. Hindus are from the Indian sub continent only !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.