Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Could Hudhud or Earth quakes be predicted ? Malthusian theory relevant for all times.

Yes I am agree with you, it nature and any development in technique can't stop it.

Man's achievements are just a spec before the Power of Nature. Even  two days ago, in my state AP, there were earth tremors

What has earthquakes got to do with Malthusian theory which has been proven wrong by increase in world population many times over in spite of natural calamities,since he predicted it in late 18th century. Please be flexible and revise your opinion when facts are presented. 

I think we are digressing from the topic, which is reservation. There is no doubt that as there are less jobs  going around, the need for reservation is more. It is like getting economic security. India is the ONLY country in world to have reservations based on caste. This bugbear will never go away, come what may. So I guess people have to live with it.

Reservation is a tool to help the socially disadvantaged to obtain their rights to jobs and economic security which otherwise would be very difficult for them to get in a caste conscious country like ours. If implementation is flawed then it should be corrected. Repeat benefits should be denied. Our society is still not a just society so the weak need protection. Do not be so critical of social justice measures. 

vijay wrote:

What has earthquakes got to do with Malthusian theory which has been proven wrong by increase in world population many times over in spite of natural calamities,since he predicted it in late 18th century. Please be flexible and revise your opinion when facts are presented. 

Please take the trouble of referring the back pages of this discussion. You said Natural calamities can be predicted and destruction of lives can be prevented, Then I responded that despite technological advances , natural calamities cannot be predicted. Population destruction is imminent This is how Nature controls the population. And this is what the  Malthusian theory of population says, " Nature has the control over population growth."

And in this context, I cited the examples of HUDHUD ,Earth quakes and other such Natural calamities.

If Malthusian theory has been proved wrong, I request you to provide a proof and enlighten me.

rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

Please take the trouble of referring the back pages of this discussion. You said Natural calamities can be predicted and destruction of lives can be prevented, Then I responded that despite technological advances , natural calamities cannot be predicted. Population destruction is imminent This is how Nature controls the population. And this is what the  Malthusian theory of population says, " Nature has the control over population growth."

And in this context, I cited the examples of HUDHUD ,Earth quakes and other such Natural calamities.

If Malthusian theory has been proved wrong, I request you to provide a proof and enlighten me.

Good points raised. Yes, nature always balances population by natural selection.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

Good points raised. Yes, nature always balances population by natural selection.

I was a victim of Hudhud. I have seen how these natural calamities wiped off the entire development that took decades in a split second. And the entire world has seen Nepal Earth quake. And the latest earth quake in Indonesia.

Malthusian theory predicted that due to natural calamities and pressure on food supplies and other disasters mankind would be wiped out (literally). He was talking  on cumulative effects and not on stand alone incidents. 

The fact that mankind is existing today and in much larger numbers than when the theory was predicted is in itself roof that it was a flawed theory. Flawed because it did not factor in the ability of mankind to develop technologies to overcome threats to its survival. Today vast number of diseases have been conquered, medicines are available, food grain yields have gone up considerably, shelters are sturdy (earthquakes do not kill or destroy as they did earlier in Japan), rivers have been tamed, storms are predictable and so on. So the net effect is that mankind is surviving and expanding. Malthusian theory did not take into account creativity of humans to fight for its survival. Hope it is proof enough. But knowing you you will discard it and stick to your stand taken in your first post. Even you are proving Malthusian theory wrong!!.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

I was a victim of Hudhud. I have seen how these natural calamities wiped off the entire development that took decades in a split second. And the entire world has seen Nepal Earth quake. And the latest earth quake in Indonesia.

You forgot flood of Uttra Khand, that was cost of development. Government control flow of Ganga river with Tehri dam but Ganga destroyed all thing what she want.

What happened in Uttarakand was a man made disaster which could have been easily avoided if the greedy politicians had the sense to listen to the experts who had cautioned them against building on the banks and close to it because the river is bound to flood when there is heavy rain or snow burst ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.