Suicide by farmers is a very sad state of affairs. The govt. need to see that such conditions are created that farmers are not subjected to such circumstances where they are forced to commit suicide.

But the BJP leaders think otherwise. For them this is a fashion.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/bjp-mp-says-it-s-fashionable-for-farmers-to-commit-suicide-sparks-row/story-FQwtcn4Pq3Ro9IDiCFp5OI.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

i also didn't understand why they suicide i mean how they are so sure that after committing suicide their family will rewarded for doing such an mischievous things. 

bhuyali saroj

It is time to change BJP governments in states where they are in power since 10 years or more. Power goes to the head of these politicians and they become indifferent and insensitive.

Most of the people of our country are farmers and they depend upon agriculture for their livelihood. But the income that they get from agriculture is not sufficient for their daily needs. So they borrow money from others sometimes with high interest rate. When they fail to give back the borrowed money, suicide is the only solution for their problem. Therefore, government must take some steps to improve the conditions of the poor farmers. Otherwise the suicide rate of farmers will increase in our country. 

Its a shame that even after 68 years of departure of the English, farmers in India commit suicide. What use is missions to mars etc , when we can't look after the majority of Indians who are farmers. I unerstand that in maharashtra alone nearly 3000 farmers have committed suicie.

The maximum number of suicide cases are in Karnataka and the CM Siddaramaiah had made some such similar statement , even more insensitive , saying committing suicide had become a habit with farmers in villages and reporting it with relish was a fashion with the media, he had even questioned the media asking them, dont you have anything better to write about, \....No discussion was started about that news was here but of course BJP is news ...Although I am totally against what the BJP minister said about the suicide , it is very insensitive !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We need to understand that no political party is clean and there are many such political leaders who are very insensitive. It is a sad state and no government think about them. Giving a reward for agriculture will not change the fate of our farmers so some special incentives are required to boost their morale. Suicide is not a fashion for the farmers but a way to get rid of their trauma which is really very pathetic. I as a common citizen of this land feel dejected because every government considers farmers and common people as their property which they can use according to their own wish. 

shampasaid

For inability to pay paltry loans poor farmers commit suicide, because the loaners can harass them or take away their property. But Vijay Mallaya and et el can take thousands of crores of loans from Banks, default and then lead lavish lives and when asked to return loan can say let the law take its course and also escape to a foreign country. Politicians love such characters because they enjoy at their and indirectly at our expense. The farmer suicide is a burden on the nations conscience and thus abuse it so that they are not questioned. 

Politicians especially some class of politicians are so thib ck skinned and corrupt that they go to shameless lengths like our CM who is now in the middle of a controversy for sporting a watch costing 70 lakh rupees and cooling glasses worth a couple of lakhs, gifted to him by someone ! Legally he has to declare them which he has not done and all this while the farmers commit suicide almost on a daily basis ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

How the two are related is not clear. farmers are committing suicide because of penury, crop failure, social stigma etc. Even if the CM wore a 10 rupee watch the suicides would unfortunately still take place. Suicides are happening in Maharashtra also a your favorite BJP ruled state. That is not the point. Economic measures to mitigate suicides need to be taken.

Well i think that the government should think a lit bit more on this matter but we all know that this kind news is coming from almost every state in India 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.