Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Farmer suicides happen when there are extreme conditions like crop failure and failure of the Government to provide Seeds at subsidized rates.

Irresponsible statements by politicians is the new fashion. Inexperienced government, novice MLA's are notable to control.

Financial help should be provided for the farmer whose financial is worst then i think that some suicide news will be less in compared to today 

bhuyali saroj

Despite all, farmer suicides are increasing day by day in AP and Telengana .

Babu saroj wrote:

Before attempting suicide the farmer should think about their family. Their innocent child and his wife what they did why they have to face all this. It is so pathetic

With due respect to the farmers I want to mention that farmers are not defence personnel that they willingly give away their lives. They commit suicide only when they become extremely disheartened which is really very sad.

shampasaid

Our rulers talk at the drop of hat that the farmer is the food giver of the country. The country owes him a lot blah... blah...  But the minimum infrastructural necessities needed for Farming are not provided. This is the main reason that drives a farmer to commit suicide.

rambabu wrote:

Our rulers talk at the drop of hat that the farmer is the food giver of the country. The country owes him a lot blah... blah...  But the minimum infrastructural necessities needed for Farming are not provided. This is the main reason that drives a farmer to commit suicide.

The farming sector is completely neglected right from days of Nehru who was more interested in grandiose schemes than farming.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The farming sector is completely neglected right from days of Nehru who was more interested in grandiose schemes than farming.

Yes Nehru always used to think to strengthen Industrialization than Farming in India. Governments changed but the fate of the Farmers never changed.

Blaming Nehru is a fashion these days. Especially by the beneficiaries.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The maximum number of suicide cases are in Karnataka and the CM Siddaramaiah had made some such similar statement , even more insensitive , saying committing suicide had become a habit with farmers in villages and reporting it with relish was a fashion with the media, he had even questioned the media asking them, dont you have anything better to write about, \....No discussion was started about that news was here but of course BJP is news ...Although I am totally against what the BJP minister said about the suicide , it is very insensitive !

Suicide is not solution of problem. I don't know why they are doing. In my state case of farmers suicide is not like other states. Suicide is not habit of farmers but rubbish statements is habit of leaders.

Truly, suicide is not a solution but the poor farmers usually are left with nothing else. The burden of debt is pathetic which frustrates them and they choose the path of suicide. 

Respective state governments are expected to sell the farmers Seeds at a subsidized price. But sadly, many governments are selling away the seeds to black marketeers so that the respective MLA pockets the commission. Under such conditions, the farmers are forced to go for loans which, he cannot repay.

Last year agriculture minister of Punjab also pocket commission and duplicate pesticides supplied by manufactures. Crops of cotton destroyed with it. Resultant some farmers commit suicide. Farmers must be think for other means of income like polutry, dairy, and also another crops than traditional.

@anil Lack of education is one very important point which never allows the farmers to think beyond agriculture. There are options like poultry and many more but the farmers fail to take the advantage of it only because they do not have a sound educational and financial background.  

You are right but in my area situation is differ. Farmers are much aware about education, Here farmers are doing new experiments in farming. They are also aware for size of their family. today I read one farmer, who was doing business in Canda come back to India and start organic farming. He is using pesticide which is made with cow urine and some local plants. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.