Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The maximum number of suicide cases are in Karnataka and the CM Siddaramaiah had made some such similar statement , even more insensitive , saying committing suicide had become a habit with farmers in villages and reporting it with relish was a fashion with the media, he had even questioned the media asking them, dont you have anything better to write about, \....No discussion was started about that news was here but of course BJP is news ...Although I am totally against what the BJP minister said about the suicide , it is very insensitive !

Suicide is not solution of problem. I don't know why they are doing. In my state case of farmers suicide is not like other states. Suicide is not habit of farmers but rubbish statements is habit of leaders.

Truly, suicide is not a solution but the poor farmers usually are left with nothing else. The burden of debt is pathetic which frustrates them and they choose the path of suicide. 

Respective state governments are expected to sell the farmers Seeds at a subsidized price. But sadly, many governments are selling away the seeds to black marketeers so that the respective MLA pockets the commission. Under such conditions, the farmers are forced to go for loans which, he cannot repay.

Last year agriculture minister of Punjab also pocket commission and duplicate pesticides supplied by manufactures. Crops of cotton destroyed with it. Resultant some farmers commit suicide. Farmers must be think for other means of income like polutry, dairy, and also another crops than traditional.

@anil Lack of education is one very important point which never allows the farmers to think beyond agriculture. There are options like poultry and many more but the farmers fail to take the advantage of it only because they do not have a sound educational and financial background.  

You are right but in my area situation is differ. Farmers are much aware about education, Here farmers are doing new experiments in farming. They are also aware for size of their family. today I read one farmer, who was doing business in Canda come back to India and start organic farming. He is using pesticide which is made with cow urine and some local plants. 

I agree with you. Subhas Palekar of Maharashtra started a type of Farming, known as 'Natural Farming' or Zero Budget farming doesn't need Chemicals or tractors. Natural fertilizers made out of cow dung and urine are used. The results are fantastic. Such farming is the only panacea in these conditions. The question of Farmer suicides will never arise.

Cow dung, urine and dry leaves are being used as fertiliser here since decades, nothing new about that ! In fact all degradable items like fruit and vegetable peel and cut grass, dry leaves and fish waste is used to make fertiliser by farmers bring down the use of chemical fertilisers which is used only when it is practically needed ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The practice of using Cow dung and urine as natural fertilizers were in use since decades. But, with the arrival of Chemical farming using pesticides filled with hazardous chemicals which kills the fertility in the Soil, the traditional farming disappeared into oblivion. Chemical farming is widely and frequently used to boost the productivity.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The maximum number of suicide cases are in Karnataka and the CM Siddaramaiah had made some such similar statement , even more insensitive , saying committing suicide had become a habit with farmers in villages and reporting it with relish was a fashion with the media, he had even questioned the media asking them, dont you have anything better to write about, \....No discussion was started about that news was here but of course BJP is news ...Although I am totally against what the BJP minister said about the suicide , it is very insensitive !

Suicide is not solution of problem. I don't know why they are doing. In my state case of farmers suicide is not like other states. Suicide is not habit of farmers but rubbish statements is habit of leaders.

Truly, suicide is not a solution but the poor farmers usually are left with nothing else. The burden of debt is pathetic which frustrates them and they choose the path of suicide. 

Respective state governments are expected to sell the farmers Seeds at a subsidized price. But sadly, many governments are selling away the seeds to black marketeers so that the respective MLA pockets the commission. Under such conditions, the farmers are forced to go for loans which, he cannot repay.

Last year agriculture minister of Punjab also pocket commission and duplicate pesticides supplied by manufactures. Crops of cotton destroyed with it. Resultant some farmers commit suicide. Farmers must be think for other means of income like polutry, dairy, and also another crops than traditional.

@anil Lack of education is one very important point which never allows the farmers to think beyond agriculture. There are options like poultry and many more but the farmers fail to take the advantage of it only because they do not have a sound educational and financial background.  

You are right but in my area situation is differ. Farmers are much aware about education, Here farmers are doing new experiments in farming. They are also aware for size of their family. today I read one farmer, who was doing business in Canda come back to India and start organic farming. He is using pesticide which is made with cow urine and some local plants. 

I agree with you. Subhas Palekar of Maharashtra started a type of Farming, known as 'Natural Farming' or Zero Budget farming doesn't need Chemicals or tractors. Natural fertilizers made out of cow dung and urine are used. The results are fantastic. Such farming is the only panacea in these conditions. The question of Farmer suicides will never arise.

In Punjab many farmers doing Zero cost farming. It is duty of government and agriculture department to promote this system of farming. Lobby of pestisides manufactures much powerful and influential, so farmer must be aware from these. You know saffron is crop of Hills area but here in Rajsthan one person successfully farming it. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.