The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In Karnataka except for the coastal region where almost all Muslims are Maplas and Malabaris, Malyalam is spoken by them but all other places they speak Hindi mixed with some Urdu words. I suppose the more cultured and educated families speak pure Urdu or else , it is popularly known as Jhatka hindi..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

People speaking Urdu in South India always reminded me of Mehmood the great Indian actor. Same accent, same tone and same words. Some of them made strange comments while talking to each other which I heard by chance in cinema halls, buses etc.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Urdu is a mixture of Hindi and Persian and evolved in Mughal cantomements. It thus is a uniquely Indian language.

I love speaking Urdu and even tried to learn to read and write by my grandfather who knew to read and write it perfectly. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I love speaking Urdu and even tried to learn to read and write by my grandfather who knew to read and write it perfectly. 

It is always good to learn a language. I am learning Arabic presently

Every now and then we use Urdu words while communicating in Hindi which are easy and quite understandable but the authentic Urdu, I think, is quite tough still very pleasing to ears.  

shampasaid

MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

It is always good to learn a language. I am learning Arabic presently

Yes. Learning a new language expands your knowledge base . I learned Russian language when I was working in Rourkela Steel Plant that was built by Russian collaboration.

every language gives unique taste to our tongue so do URDU does

bhuyali saroj

suni51 wrote:

People speaking Urdu in South India always reminded me of Mehmood the great Indian actor. Same accent, same tone and same words. Some of them made strange comments while talking to each other which I heard by chance in cinema halls, buses etc.  

True. What Mehmood spoke in Movies, is a mixture of Urdu with a South Indian accent. Some examples are, "Kya Miyan tu eise Bataan karte Ho "

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

True. What Mehmood spoke in Movies, is a mixture of Urdu with a South Indian accent. Some examples are, "Kya Miyan tu eise Bataan karte Ho "

Mehmood is an exceptional fine artist of bollywood. His acting won many hearts all over India. yeah he was always been praised for his language that he delivered in films especially when he speaks urdu with the mixture of south indian accent. 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.