Do you know that for flying kites, you need a license.  There are many legal provisions which are absurd. But these are hardly known or implemented. Many of these are funny. 

https://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/unusual-things-illegal-india-080952972/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
All of them enlisted are not unusual law. But some are certainly unusual. the one that is unusual is, If you don't alert a authorities by beating a drum, you are liable to a fine of Rs. 50.

smile.png Flying kite is one of the interesting activities among children. Even small children can fly kite very easily. I don't understand why there is license for flying kite. Will they punish the little cute children whether they fly kite for enjoyment? Really a funny law.

Some of the laws are quite meaningful while rest are meaningless but the point is all these laws are sleeping nowadays. Those which have no relevance today must be allowed to rest in peace but the meaningful ones must be made very active such as no night shifts for the ladies.

shampasaid

Jincy Aby wrote:

smile.png Flying kite is one of the interesting activities among children. Even small children can fly kite very easily. I don't understand why there is license for flying kite. Will they punish the little cute children whether they fly kite for enjoyment? Really a funny law.

This law is much old, i think it is enforced by British. It is dead law.

Jincy Aby wrote:

If the cute and little children can fly a kite, of course they too are punishable. Because it's a law. It may look strange to many, even if the law looks and sounds  strange, it has to be obeyed. Then "UNUSUAL is the headline of the thread.Isn't it ....

rambabu wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

If the cute and little children can fly a kite, of course they too are punishable. Because it's a law. It may look strange to many, even if the law looks and sounds  strange, it has to be obeyed. Then "UNUSUAL is the headline of the thread.Isn't it ....

According to law, license for flying kite is necessary. But the law is inoperative practically and nobody knows this. Possibly, there is no authority to whom you may apply for flying kites. In fact, there are thousands of such legal provisions that neither the citizens nor police are aware of.  One day, I came across a book that is a compilation of various legislation. Most of these are obsolete and not commonly known even to advocates and judiciary

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

According to law, license for flying kite is necessary. But the law is inoperative practically and nobody knows this. Possibly, there is no authority to whom you may apply for flying kites. In fact, there are thousands of such legal provisions that neither the citizens nor police are aware of.  One day, I came across a book that is a compilation of various legislation. Most of these are obsolete and not commonly known even to advocates and judiciary

But I thing for law students it is must to read these obsolete laws.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

Kite flying is a tradition associated with Makar Sankranti. For kite flying there is no need to apply for a license at least in my state. I don't know about other states.

Jincy Aby wrote:

This is really funny if we say this law to an uneducated person he will not believe us i mean this is really funny 

bhuyali saroj

yes even i hard of this law in some country or state. But accordiing to the situations at that place this law may be some useful and worthful. 

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.