Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Actually drinking or smoking when becomes an addiction then only it's harmful. Too much of anything is an intoxication so one needs to learn to be in control

That is my view too...if one likes to have a drink now and then within limits no harm done as long as it remains so and does not become an addiction !

@usha manohar Neither you nor I am promoting the habit of drinking. When habit becomes addiction then it is definitely harmful otherwise it's not a point of concern. Actually, I have noticed that those who do not drink, always try to demean those who drink but they must understand that whoever drinks is not a drunkard. They are drunkards who cannot limit their consumption of alcohol. Every office party arranges drinks so how can one name it as army culture. Such statements are full of prejudice.

shampasaid

Too much any thing is intoxicant. But for any of the problem the main reason now is drinking. You can notice the main reason for accidents will be drinking. For any crime or murder drinking is the main reason

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Actually drinking or smoking when becomes an addiction then only it's harmful. Too much of anything is an intoxication so one needs to learn to be in control

That is my view too...if one likes to have a drink now and then within limits no harm done as long as it remains so and does not become an addiction !

@usha manohar Neither you nor I am promoting the habit of drinking. When habit becomes addiction then it is definitely harmful otherwise it's not a point of concern. Actually, I have noticed that those who do not drink, always try to demean those who drink but they must understand that whoever drinks is not a drunkard. They are drunkards who cannot limit their consumption of alcohol. Every office party arranges drinks so how can one name it as army culture. Such statements are full of prejudice.

I am guessing that, it is called army culture because they could buy it  in their canteens even when there was restriction for others..However, I know scores of elderly people well into their late seventies , in my own town who take one or two drinks every evening and live a very fit,active life . So, it has to do with the individual, lifestyle choices and general health of the person.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

sarala wrote:

Too much any thing is intoxicant. But for any of the problem the main reason now is drinking. You can notice the main reason for accidents will be drinking. For any crime or murder drinking is the main reason

I fully agree with you, yes you are 100% right, most of the reason behind accidents and rape cases is from alcohol consumption

bhuyali saroj

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I am guessing that, it is called army culture because they could buy it  in their canteens even when there was restriction for others..However, I know scores of elderly people well into their late seventies , in my own town who take one or two drinks every evening and live a very fit,active life . So, it has to do with the individual, lifestyle choices and general health of the person.

Well, I get it now why it is considered as army culture. By the way we cannot change viewpoint and if we try to do so then we will be termed as the advocates of drinking culture. 

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:

There are different view points ...My uncle has kidney problem and also has heart problem which makes his condition very sensitive and his doctor has advised him to take a glass of beer every evening after his dinner but no other liquor. He feels much better after he started taking this limited quantity of beer for almost a year or longer now..So there is no final say in the matter ! it very much depends on the individual !

Drinking beer is good for our kideneys. Beer can keep our kidneys healthy. Drinking beer reduces the risk of developing stones by 40%. 

What should be taken for the other 60%?

There may be 40% reduce of developing stones but more risk on having it. So to avoid developing stones there are other methods are available to take care and reduce the stone development.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Babu saroj wrote:
anil wrote:

Congratulation for quiting bad habit. With strong determination every thing is possible. Before 20 years I had habit of chewing tobacco, but quit it completely. Gulshan ji drink butter milk and barley sattu, best of luck.

If we want then no bad habits can touch us its upon us. Sattu is the best option to be fit and fine health.

yes with strong will power every thing is possible. God give us many things to eat which are good for our health that why we eat unhealthy. 

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
anil wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I may state here that I have not deliberately stopped drinking alcoholic drinks. This just happened even without my giving any thought to this. In fact, as mentioned by another member in the thread, beer is also beneficial. I agree that alcoholic drink especially beer benefits also.

If beer have benefits than government must be distribute at PDS, after all it is matter of public health, funny 

although funny, this is real in army. When there is extreme cold or inclement weather, free rum is issued in army. There is nothing wrong if this is done in civil also in such circumstances.  

What is funny about it? We cannot brand drinks entirely bad because even doctors do suggest that one can have it in total moderation during winter. If the general health of a person is fine but catches cold and cough very easily are usually suggested to take a very small amount of brandy. I have seen such people who braved winter with the help of a very little quantity of brandy.

Brandy as medicine is not bad but person who drink to fall down in gutter what is your opinion about them. Most of wink drinker are edict of it and it is very hard for them to avoid it. For a  moment think about  financial weaker families. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.