Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:

It's all about our faith in these values and not necessarily meant chanting about loud in public but if one hears people talking against these in the name of freedom of expression it becomes necessary to tell them the importance of such slogans.

well said many people are forget the importance of such slogans now a day and they should be taught what does it mean to the people of India

bhuyali saroj

Personally I feel that the very need to emphasise on these sentiments of patriotism and symbols , shows that there is a deficit somewhere and people feel the need to reinforce these sentiments. There is nothing wrong in it , snd after all why not feel proud of the fact that we are Indians and unique in our own way !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:

It's not the nation that provides food or shelter but it's the duty of citizens' to make enough efforts to make a nation. If the citizens sit inside their homes expecting everything to drop inside their mouths or even destroying the property they have no claim to have a right on anything. We know our rights but we do not know our duties. A common man needs to give to the nation before demanding anything in return.

Can the common man create his own resources ? It's necessary to provide infrastructure for the Government. If the common fails to utilize the available resources, yes it's his fault. Otherwise it's like asking the common man to provide his own drinking facilities in a desert.

In the discussions so far it has not been brought out as to why self appointed patriots are all the time provoking a particular community to prove its patriotism. It is a way of trying to dominate and knowng that they will resist then start condemning them. These elements are now doing openly what they were doing covertly earlier. BJP may have to pay a price at the hustings for it. 

Bharat mata ki jai- has been inspiring slogan in freedom struggle.  There is nothing wrong in raising such slogans at appropriate occasions. But you cannot compel any one to raise this. It is a matter of individual choice. Of course, we expect that no body should use insulting words. However mere slogans and tokenism don't work. Patriotism has to be real. You need to love entire nation with diversity of religion, language and culture.  If you lack the spirit of true nationalism viz. respecting unity in diversity, raising slogan of Bharat mata ki jai will be just like dacoits making the slogan 'Jai Bhawani' before every burglary. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

vijay wrote:

In the discussions so far it has not been brought out as to why self appointed patriots are all the time provoking a particular community to prove its patriotism. It is a way of trying to dominate and knowng that they will resist then start condemning them. These elements are now doing openly what they were doing covertly earlier. BJP may have to pay a price at the hustings for it. 

Sir tell me where to apply for that coveted post of "Patriot"? These elements were always active when no one had even heard of BJP. What has BJP got to do with showing your patriotism?  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Apply in your own heart and nowhere else. I mention BJP because they are in power and such instances have gone up in last two years by design or default. Their own elements get involved. You yourself say that Modi should control such elements. In politics perception counts a lot.

Slogans give a nationalistic feeling and it always sounds good. The point is, all may not like to chant it loudly but the respect for such slogans must remain intact. If one does not have respect for patriotic slogans then it is a matter of concern but not chanting them loudly should not be made a big issue.

shampasaid

Let me give another link on the history and concept of Bharat Mata. The image of Bharat Mata has been constantly changing. 

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/prime-time/prime-time-controversy-over-bharat-mata-ki-jai/408400

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.