Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Happy New Year to you too Anil, although we will be celebrating our New Year on Gudhi Padwa on 8th April this year.

Gudhi Padwa, Chetichand or New smawat, name is differ but celebration is same. We all celebrate and enjoy this day.. 

Oh Ok, since you started this thread two days ago, I thought you were celebrating it that day.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Here in Mangalore few communities celebrate Ugadi on the 8th of April which is called Chandramana Ugadi which changes each year depending on the movement of the moon.But most of other communities including me celebrate it on the 14 of April which is Sauramna Ugadi, which normally remains fixed since it depends on the movement of the sun which remains fixed . 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Will the two come together to celebrate a common new year?

Ugadi falls on different days every year.Because the Hindu calendar is a Lunisolar calenar. The Saka calendar begins with the month of Chaitra. And Ugadi marks the First day of the year.  Chaitra is the first month in Panchanga.  In some parts of India, it is known as Vikram Samvat or Bharatiya Nav Varsh.

The more the merrier, one can celebrate new year every month if one s inclined to do so , since in actuality one is never sure when a year ends and the next begins...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There is a saying, "Every moment that makes you feel happy, Is a festival Occasion. "

So there is joy  in diversity!

rambabu wrote:

There is a saying, "Every moment that makes you feel happy, Is a festival Occasion. "

Yes principal aim is celebration and enjoy. These are traditions and culture which we got from our elders now it our duty to transfer it to our younger.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes principal aim is celebration and enjoy. These are traditions and culture which we got from our elders now it our duty to transfer it to our younger.

The very purpose of every festival is to enjoy. There is no need for an earmarked festival to celebrate and rejoice.

On 14th April it is the first day of Baisakh according to Bengali calendar which will be celebrated as the Bengali New Year and the day is known as Poila Baisakh. Poila means first. So, every region will celebrate their New Year around the same time, I suppose. Thus, Happy New Year to all!  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.