Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Some one can burn 78 calories by rolling back bedding every morning.

Of course every little action counts, since we burn some calories to carry out any action. Thats why in the olden days people were much healthier and fitter, no need for dieting and any extra exercise because they were active all the time and burning calories..

Golden rule for good health is do your person work yourself. Don't asked others for single glass of water.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Of course every little action counts, since we burn some calories to carry out any action. Thats why in the olden days people were much healthier and fitter, no need for dieting and any extra exercise because they were active all the time and burning calories..

Golden rule for good health is do your person work yourself. Don't asked others for single glass of water.

I agree. After my retirement, I got a Job in an Ad agency in my place Vizag. On the first day of my new Job, the owner of the Agency arranged table and a comfortable chair. On the table a Calling bell and an empty glass was kept. The owner said, If the Calling bell is pressed, an attendant would come to do the jobs like, bringing water or fetching a file from the nearby Filing Cabinet.. Then I requested him to remove the calling bell. And said, if i want water for drinking i myself will fetch from the water filter which is not far away. Similarly I can fetch my file from the filing cabinet.

It doesn't need much of an explanation why i had done like this. My intention was very clear. I wanted to all the jobs myself. By doing these small acts i could burn calories.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I guess most of us women do this automatically without being told, and nowadays men too have to do so. One cannot expect others to do your job for you, that is feudal attitude fast vanishing even from villages now.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I guess most of us women do this automatically without being told, and nowadays men too have to do so. One cannot expect others to do your job for you, that is feudal attitude fast vanishing even from villages now.

women not only do their own job also do for other members of family. In India still men feel inferior in doing their personal work. It is thinking of men that their only work is earning.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I agree. After my retirement, I got a Job in an Ad agency in my place Vizag. On the first day of my new Job, the owner of the Agency arranged table and a comfortable chair. On the table a Calling bell and an empty glass was kept. The owner said, If the Calling bell is pressed, an attendant would come to do the jobs like, bringing water or fetching a file from the nearby Filing Cabinet.. Then I requested him to remove the calling bell. And said, if i want water for drinking i myself will fetch from the water filter which is not far away. Similarly I can fetch my file from the filing cabinet.

It doesn't need much of an explanation why i had done like this. My intention was very clear. I wanted to all the jobs myself. By doing these small acts i could burn calories.

Great, do one more thing Ram Babu spend some time in standing posture in your office.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Great, do one more thing Ram Babu spend some time in standing posture in your office.

Definitely I will follow your suggestion. Right now there are less chances of doing work while standing.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

women not only do their own job also do for other members of family. In India still men feel inferior in doing their personal work. It is thinking of men that their only work is earning.

True, it also depends on upbringing where children regardless of gender are taught to do their personal work like making their beds, tidying p their rooms, giving a had in house work if the need arises like shopping for groceries etc etc..This also makes them much more aware and prepared when they have to manage their work themselves when they are grown up and independent .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

True, it also depends on upbringing where children regardless of gender are taught to do their personal work like making their beds, tidying p their rooms, giving a had in house work if the need arises like shopping for groceries etc etc..This also makes them much more aware and prepared when they have to manage their work themselves when they are grown up and independent .

Any habit which child have from childhood, he/she follow it whole life. It is duty of parents to teach them to do their personal work, like washing undergarment, polish shoes, ironing clothes and other small work.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Any habit which child have from childhood, he/she follow it whole life. It is duty of parents to teach them to do their personal work, like washing undergarment, polish shoes, ironing clothes and other small work.

All good habits or bad habits will start during Childhood, depending on the upbringing. If the atmosphere in the home is one that of positive, the child learns positive attitude and develops good habits. If the parents are lazy and get everything get done by servants, child too follow the parents.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

A new thing I'm hearing. Anil, will you please elaborate about Bed rolling?

I read it today is news paper. Bed rolling means what you used while sleeping, bad seat, blanket, quilt, pillow etc, crimp them and keep these at the space decided in you house for it.

This is something new for me as well.  As bed rolling is also an activity I guess it helps to burn the calories. This is not bad activity, your work is done and burn the calories as well.  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.